• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aston Martin DB9 or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But the Maserati, my goodness just look at it., I see one or two around Munich, there are eye watering aching to look at.
    Quote from a car mag many years ago:

"Expect the Maserati's depreciation to be as fast as the car"

Second hand won't be as bad but you can do much better with other makes.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tried a masa gt recently. Very good but totally impractical for me. Parking nightmare where I am and boot space not great.

try one. Better proposition tha a scag or db9 in my view.

an acquaintance has run one for years, describes the costs as reasonable.

Comment

SLS AMG

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          SLS AMG

Would you want a car ATW has....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            But I have two daughters, 3 & 1. Saving for a while now. The Maserati Granturismo was the 1st choice, now about €40k. Not concerned about running costs since as I'm only an occasional user. The 911 991 is also an option but think it's just two small for the weins.

But the Maserati, my goodness just look at it., I see one or two around Munich, there are eye watering aching to look at.

That second pic - looked like the model was spreading her legs with her left leg skyward. Alas, twas just the car seat of flesh colour....
            Last edited by ChimpMaster; 15 June 2014, 17:56.

Comment

It certainly seems you guys have way too much money to waste, or a lack of responsibilities like wives and kids (or ex wives). Or frankly you don't give a tulip.

There was a time I wanted a Porchse and more recently a Maserati (around £900 a month on lease) but then I really don't see the point and am instead choosing to try and put the kids through independent school... Just as my contracting career is ending!

But good luck to you, I wish I had a lovely car too but I'm otherwise happy enough with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                Tried a masa gt recently. Very good but totally impractical for me. Parking nightmare where I am and boot space not great.

try one. Better proposition tha a scag or db9 in my view.

an acquaintance has run one for years, describes the costs as reasonable.
                I've tried the mazza a while back, very nice. Would need the proper trim to avoid 'old man' feel. It is a big car though, but would be something to take drives down from Munich for a long weekend to northern Italy.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  It certainly seems you guys have way too much money to waste, or a lack of responsibilities like wives and kids (or ex wives). Or frankly you don't give a tulip.

There was a time I wanted a Porchse and more recently a Maserati (around £900 a month on lease) but then I really don't see the point and am instead choosing to try and put the kids through independent school... Just as my contracting career is ending!

But good luck to you, I wish I had a lovely car too but I'm otherwise happy enough with my life.
                  Don't have money to waste by any means. And would certainly not be using HP for such a thing. But quality of life is important. I've two daughters, a wife, and currently no car. Don't need one. But I do like the idea of owning such a beautiful machine.

Toyed with putting the kids through an independent school here in Germany, €12k a semester. We soon discovered they would miss out on language from local schools & many children at the international schools were from transient families. A good education for my children starts at home, and that costs only your time.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    and am instead choosing to try and put the kids through independent school... .
                    It's now been 3 years since the last of the school fees (x 3) , Uni fees are a trifling amount in comparison ... so I now find myself in the position of having lots of lovely wonga to indulge myself
                    I think on balance you are doing the right thing (of course you'll never know how they would have turned out going to the local comp) so good luck!
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What's with these fugly porsches you see around these days?

I thought the whole point of a porsche was for men with midlife crises to pull young ladies that are going to make them briefly happy, then enduringly skint.

Comment

Working...
                      X