• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was quite funny listening to the radio about this the other day. Usual scaremongering and Islamaphobic topic that just completely went flat. Muslims were all in agreement that stunning was ok so long as it did not kill the animal. Anybody who came on air to try to argue against halal meat just got made to look like a fool.

Comment

I'm not overly keen on the Halal practices, but I am bored of seeing moaners on Facebook etc who hadn't spent more than 0.5 seconds thinking about where their food came from until they saw an anti-Muslim angle.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Sharia Law will never take off, there's no interest.

see what I did there?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          No
          Islamic Mortgages?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Was quite funny listening to the radio about this the other day. Usual scaremongering and Islamaphobic topic that just completely went flat. Muslims were all in agreement that stunning was ok so long as it did not kill the animal. Anybody who came on air to try to argue against halal meat just got made to look like a fool.
            Obviously didn't hear the one I listened to where they had to find special guests who were Jewish and Muslim who didn't believe in stunning before hand. Strangely the average Muslim who phoned up had no problem with stunning.......
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Actually had some when working in Muslim country a few years ago its rather nice. Not as good as a real thing though.

The majority of UK Halal meat and the stuff the big companies are using is pre stunned. The prayer is said but the animal is unconscious. This seems to because the Slaughterhouses see it as a way to expand the market for their meat.

Though there does seem to be a wish to extend non stunned meat.

Stunning Animals - Halal or Haram? The Truth.

However I think the issue with the public is the way its being quietly becoming the default and that it may be the thin end of the wedge meaning soon non stunned animals maybe the norm.

I think if all Christian Abatoirs started saying 3 hail Mary's without telling everyone there might be a bit of unrest.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Obviously didn't hear the one I listened to where they had to find special guests who were Jewish and Muslim who didn't believe in stunning before hand. Strangely the average Muslim who phoned up had no problem with stunning.......
                I think on 5 Live they managed to get one guest on who was saying a small proportion insist on not stunning but even that was wishy washy.

Comment

As long as it tastes good and doesn't poison me I don't really care.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    As long as it tastes good and doesn't poison me I don't really care.
                    you don't think we should limit the suffering of the animal as much as possible?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Islamic Mortgages?
                      Did you have to be there?
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X