• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Affordable healthy diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Which is clearly working well now isn't it.
    No one needs it because someone else will look after their kids. Having kids might even turn them a profit.
    That's the point

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      They also didn't have free and effective contraception.
      The free contraception is funded by taxation obtained by violence, so is morally tainted.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

No one needs it because someone else will look after their kids. Having kids might even turn them a profit.
        You clearly don't have any if you think benefits would cover the cost of them and leave you with a profit. They might help you jump the queue for a council house but that's about it.
        Last edited by doodab; 1 May 2014, 17:48.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm sure you already know how I'd respond to that, but otherwise...

That's like outlawing selling cough medicine as a loss leader because muppets will start downing that instead proper booze. It doesn't address the cause of the problem.
          When you go to the doctor with an illness do they only treat the cause, or the symptoms too to alleviate your suffering?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            When you go to the doctor with an illness do they only treat the cause, or the symptoms too to alleviate your suffering?
            They don't care unless you have medical cover.

Comment

When people who are skint with bad diets get some money you don't see them head down the delicatessen to get some fresh fruit and veg, they will invariably stuff their faces with high fat, low quality processed tulipe.

The problem is that most folk don't have a fookin' clue what is a healthy diet but as with so many other problems the idea that you can chuck money it and it will go away is pushed as the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                The free contraception is funded by taxation obtained by violence, so is morally tainted.
                What's that got to do with anything? Sponsoring their bastard kids costs the taxpayer more.
                I think there would almost certainly (perhaps about 99.9%!) be charitably funded free contraception anyway. But that's besides the point.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Sure, but when the doctor gives me some cream for my poxed penis he doesn't have everyone else chemically castrated to spare them the same fate should they go sticking it here and there without the necessary due diligence.

Comment

Well I shall be having lamb with a middle eastern flavoured salad, not cheap but not especially expensive at about £7, and I might get two helpings out of that. I could probably afford to eat on my PIP but I'd struggle to pay for parking at the hospital as well.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      You clearly don't have any if you think benefits would cover the cost of them and leave you with a profit. They might help you jump the queue for a council house but that's about it.
                      I know (unfortunately) several people who don't work, didn't work, and now are better off with 3 kids. It's pretty common - i'm not sure where your objection comes from.

Comment

Working...
                      X