• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clifford guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Stuart Hall was children. Max Clifford's youngest victim was 15, so whilst still a child, not quite the same league as molesting 9 year olds.
    However Stuart Hall pleaded guilty, Max didn't. However I had got the maximum sentences wrong. The actual ones are

Female victims, offence committed on/after 16 Sept 1985 10 years

Female victim, offence committed prior to 16 Sept 1985 five years, if the girl was under 13, otherwise two years’

Male victim 10 years

From http://ukcriminallawblog.com/tag/indecent-assault/

so probably 9-12 months in jail...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      However Stuart Hall pleaded guilty, Max didn't. However I had got the maximum sentences wrong. The actual ones are

so probably 9-12 months in jail...
      Well I was wrong. Clearly the cases were post 1985 as he's gone down for 8 years.

Clifford should serve his eight sentences of between six and 24 months consecutively. He must have really upset the judges for them to do that..
      Last edited by eek; 2 May 2014, 13:44.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Although the convictions were of the past, it's amazing he operated throughout his career as the 'good' PR guy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Although the convictions were of the past, it's amazing he operated throughout his career as the 'good' PR guy.
          People were terrified of him like Savile.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Quoting the times:

He went on: “I just have to make the best of what the court gives me. It is the same as I have felt since it started 17 months ago, it is like living under a dark cloud.

“It is the same for my family... for my daughter and everyone close to me.”

Clifford, who was treated for prostate cancer, added: “As I did when I had cancer a few years ago, you have to make the best of it you can.”

He really is beyond contempt! What about the 'dark cloud' his victims have been living under their entire lives?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Quoting the times:

He really is beyond contempt! What about the 'dark cloud' his victims have been living under their entire lives?

He obviously doesn't realise that if you don't admit you have done your crimes after you have been convicted it delays you when you ask for parole.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He obviously doesn't realise that if you don't admit you have done your crimes after you have been convicted it delays you when you ask for parole.
                He probably knows that the prisons are so bursting at the seams, that they ain't gonna keep a 75 year old locked up for a single day longer than they absolutely need to.

In fact don't be surprised if he's let out earlier than that - even without an appeal

Comment

It looks like not all publicity is good publicity.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Given this is a man who was trumpeted as being the best at managing the message - it's amazing how failed so spectacularly to do so with the judge.

Clifford's Sky Antics 'Show Lack Of Remorse'

Judge Anthony Leonard said: "I have discovered that you appeared behind a reporter outside this court whilst he was making his report of your evidence and during which you mimicked his actions in a way that was designed to trivialise these events.

"I find your behaviour to be quite extraordinary and a further indication that you show no remorse."

Comment

lots of pundits on LBC putting the boot in. Mellor had a good point, Clifford was a Sadist and really enjoyed screwing people over.

I think the Sentence reflects his 'comeuppance' in the mind of the Judge from her words.

Also they are trying to cast doubt on the previous accused as many were supported by Clifford. I suspect we will see more people going back to court now they have got first blood.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X