• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clifford guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very hard to tell where the truth lies. Rarely in newspapers or court rooms IMHO. The evidence in many recent cases where celebs were acquitted of sexual assaults sounded extremely credible on the face of it - yet the jury effectively found they didn't believe it. Does that just mean that the accusers were lying munters with an eye to some cash? Hard to imagine they'd go so far just for that - yet as the Shannon Matthews case (amongst others), showed, there are people who will attempt extremely stupid and ill-thought out stuff for money.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      No, because the evidence was presented and examined, and perceived to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Some of the other charges were not proven.

You seem to assume that because the victims are women they are liars.
      But women do have a habit of crying "victim" at the drop of a hat and make up some sob story and if its a woman judge then its a hopeless case for the alleged perpetrator of the crime.

We have seen that time and again here on CUK itself.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        But women do have a habit of crying "victim" at the drop of a hat and make up some sob story and if its a woman judge then its a hopeless case for the alleged perpetrator of the crime.

We have seen that time and again here on CUK itself.
        Twat.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          But women do have a habit of crying "victim" at the drop of a hat and make up some sob story
          No more than men have a habit of abusing women at the drop of a hat

Comment

You can always meet him in the flesh if you want to have your day? Every Saturday morning at Cafe Uno in Baker St., Weybridge. He holds court there, though his wife no longer accompanies him there anymore.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              You can always meet him in the flesh if you want to have your day? Every Saturday morning at Cafe Uno in Baker St., Weybridge. He holds court there, though his wife no longer accompanies him there anymore.
              Doubt he will be there anytime in the next year...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                FFS I hope you never do jury duty for sexual assault/rape cases you will be accusing all the victims of lying.
                Better than "I always thought he was a horrible man, he deserves to be in prison"
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't think he'll be doing any Chokey for a while? His arrogance will see him there on the weekend, I bet? They do make a good breakfast there, admittedly.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I don't think he'll be doing any Chokey for a while? His arrogance will see him there on the weekend, I bet? They do make a good breakfast there, admittedly.
                    Nope Friday is sentencing day and there is no way he won't get Jail time. And if sentenced to Jail its down to the cells and off to prison...

The only reason he wasn't sentenced today is because the Judge needs confirmation as to what the appropriate sentence was at the time of the attacks (remember Stuart Hall's sentence was doubled after sentencing).

I will be very surprised if he doesn't get 24-30 months come Friday...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Nope Friday is sentencing day and there is no way he won't get Jail time. And if sentenced to Jail its down to the cells and off to prison...

The only reason he wasn't sentenced today is because the Judge needs confirmation as to what the appropriate sentence was at the time of the attacks (remember Stuart Hall's sentence was doubled after sentencing).

I will be very surprised if he doesn't get 24-30 months come Friday...
                      Stuart Hall was children. Max Clifford's youngest victim was 15, so whilst still a child, not quite the same league as molesting 9 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                      X