• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Entertainment at ClientCo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The places I've worked at on Cambridge Science Park over the last few years always had loads of car parking available, but frenzied competition for space in the bike racks
    It's just about manageable where I am.

Getting out of the actual park at the end of the day is a different matter though; they thought it wise to build a park for thousands of people with only one way in or out (or maybe 2 but I don't think the other is particularly useful for most).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just had discussion stating that contractors shouldn't have parking rights.

The reply that we only have to give 5 days notice shut up panic management quickly.
      I love these things.... are not contractors more like visitors and so should get parking over normal permies and not the other way around!

stoopid middle management wombles

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Just had discussion stating that contractors shouldn't have parking rights.

The reply that we only have to give 5 days notice shut up panic management quickly.
        Is there any other kind of management?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I love these things.... are not contractors more like visitors and so should get parking over normal permies and not the other way around!

Well I've been here a while so can hardly call myself a visitor. However I do expect equal rights and look disfavourably if I don't see it...
          Last edited by eek; 23 April 2014, 13:39.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            It's just about manageable where I am.

Getting out of the actual park at the end of the day is a different matter though; they thought it wise to build a park for thousands of people with only one way in or out (or maybe 2 but I don't think the other is particularly useful for most).
            The other way out leads in the direction of the hotel I use when I'm there, which is handy. I've occasionally forgotten and headed for the main way out when I had business in that direction after work; I usually end up doing a U-turn, going out of the other exit, and doubling back on the local roads

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I'm parking in the visitor bays - I've taken a photo for my IR35 log. Seriously, though, for as long as I have to walk through a different door to get in (Have to sign in and pick up my badge daily) I'm parking there*

*Okay, what I really mean is until someone says something.

Comment

I love the car park here. Far more spaces than there are people!

Previously I have had to find a place on rural streets (I hate doing that), once I had to park a mile or two away and bike the rest of the way. One of the perks of working in London was getting the train in and not having to worry about parking.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I suppose an explanation for not having enough parking spaces for the site would be that they want to discourage car use but one would think that building it next to a motorway probably wasn't the best way to go about that.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
                    I suppose an explanation for not having enough parking spaces for the site would be that they want to discourage car use but one would think that building it next to a motorway probably wasn't the best way to go about that.
                    I wouldn't mind if public transport was half viable. I've been doing nationwide site work for 4 years and public transport has been useful all of 2 or 3 times. The rest of the time it's more expensive and slower than driving.

Comment

Email round clientco saying nothing but that things will be "easier" tomorrow..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X