• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have promised to do whatever it takes to help Nigel Farage’s Ukip emerge the winner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And I thought OG was banned? Why is he allowed back as SB?
    ElectricChair was permabanned, and you're still allowed here.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Well there are not enough fooking builders down south, so clearly peoples jobs aren't being taken. We've booked a builder for October, that's the earliest anyone can do. Building speciality rates are extortionate. Good brickies are on £100K a year. Hardly starvation rates in an area which is supposed to have been hit disproportionately by Eastern European, specifically Polish, labour, what?
      maybe the builders are choosy who they work for?

or maybe builders went out of business in the lean years when everyone hired cheap Polish builders.Only the good or canny survived, they are now getting their own back?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        maybe the builders are choosy who they work for?

or maybe builders went out of business in the lean years when everyone hired cheap Polish builders.Only the good or canny survived, they are now getting their own back?
        Bollux. There's always been a shortage of good tradesmen - just recently its gone ballistic. Which is why that UKIP poster of a builder with a begging bowl is absolute and total crap - like most of what they say.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          I'm too excited about the glorious new chapter to worry about anything else.
          What glorious new chapter? I suspect half the voting populace don't actually realise that this election is for your local councilor or MEP and not MP. In other words you're voting for someone who has the power of deciding that the parking on the local high street is now going to cost 2 quid a minute and someone who just wants to go to Brussels on a jolly. The local elections cannot make any impact on Europe and you're only voting for the same old, same old (and with UKIP, I suspect the emphasis is on 'old') and with the current copy of UKIP MEPs not actually having any effect on the EU then I suspect there won't be much change there. Surely there must be some form of adult 11+ before giving people the vote? When they come around canvassing for your local elections, remember to ask them about local issues...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bollux. There's always been a shortage of good tradesmen - just recently its gone ballistic. Which is why that UKIP poster of a builder with a begging bowl is absolute and total crap - like most of what they say.
            never had any trouble getting good builders. But I have also been offered cheap 'Polish' builders who were half the price.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Which is why that UKIP poster of a builder with a begging bowl is absolute and total crap
              I suspect that guy was intended to portray an unskilled low-wage manual worker rather than a skilled builder, and the former are at risk of being made unemployed by european immigrants.
              Even the latter are at risk of having their pay rates reduced by immigrant competition. HOWEVER I would support the latter because those (skilled) immigrants on an above average wage are then supporting the country by paying more taxes than they (per capita) are consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                never had any trouble getting good builders. But I have also been offered cheap 'Polish' builders who were half the price.
                The Poles were always at the bottom of the food-chain. Ok for painting and decorating, maybe putting in a bathroom at a pinch, basically things you could do yourself if you could be bothered.
                And in that role they performed a good job and were a huge improvement on the unskilled cowboys who hitherto had plagued that bottom end of the tradesmen ladder.
                But they never ever threatened the skilled tradesmen - you wouldn't get Poles to do structural work, would you?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It seems to me the people getting displaced are more likely the low end workers in the likes of macdonalds, pret, hotel receptionists, workers on assembly lines in factories and that sort of thing. OTOH the rest of us have been subject to competition for years and done OK so it seems a bit disingenuous to suggest they shouldn't.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

But they never ever threatened the skilled tradesmen - you wouldn't get Poles to do structural work, would you?
                    Why not? They have buildings in Poland and they don't seem to be any more prone to falling over than English ones are.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      What glorious new chapter?
                      The one promised by UKIP's donor Mr Sykes:

The time has come to take back control of our country and the right to govern ourselves. May 22 is our chance to catch a tide that can restore our freedoms and carry us forward to a glorious new chapter in our nation’s history.
                      As Tank says in The Matrix:

Mmm. Very exciting times.
                      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                      X