• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have promised to do whatever it takes to help Nigel Farage’s Ukip emerge the winner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    why are any of the posters untrue?

Its a bit brash but I think it does address a number of issues that people want to talk about.
    26 million people are not after our jobs.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
      26 million people are not after our jobs.
      So contact the ASA.

Comment

Its a bit brash but I think it does address a number of issues that people want to talk about.
        They aren't necessarily untrue, except the bit about 75% of British laws coming from the EU, but my question was about how they're going to appeal to those people who have accepted the reality of globalisation and are benefitting from it. I don't believe that that's only rich people.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Those of us who care about UK citizens will realize that immigration has only benefited the rich in this country. More Old Greg nonsense. Being against immigration does not mean you are racist.

And I thought OG was banned? Why is he allowed back as SB?
          I'm too excited about the glorious new chapter to worry about anything else.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

So contact the ASA.
            And risk the glorious new chapter in our nation's history?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              And risk the glorious new chapter in our nation's history?
              Anything to make a change from the two-party-with-idential-policy system .

Comment

Anything to make a change from the two-party-with-idential-policy system .
                So you'd be happy with the North Koreans taking over, would you?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Those of us who care about UK citizens will realize that immigration has only benefited the rich in this country.
                  This is a valid point, especially when it comes to pressure on housing stock and public services those are things that have had a negative effect on a lot of people.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well there are not enough fooking builders down south, so clearly peoples jobs aren't being taken. We've booked a builder for October, that's the earliest anyone can do. Building speciality rates are extortionate. Good brickies are on £100K a year. Hardly starvation rates in an area which is supposed to have been hit disproportionately by Eastern European, specifically Polish, labour, what?

If anyone is out of a job retrain as brickie and earn tons of cash - I doubt bricklaying is very hard, having built a small garden wall myself to good effect.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      They aren't necessarily untrue, except the bit about 75% of British laws coming from the EU, but my question was about how they're going to appeal to those people who have accepted the reality of globalisation and are benefitting from it. I don't believe that that's only rich people.
                      Well now that is an argument that could be used and if proven may support staying in the EU. However up until recently membership of the EU was seen as a constant for politicians and any changes were not up for discussion. I suspect the popularity of UKIP and unrest about immigration is a major reason we are discussing it.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X