• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Replacing my GT86 with one of these ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When you manage to have to sex with your wife, gay boy, there's a chance you may produce a sprog.
    Then you might have an inkling of what you are talking about.
    Till then better to keep schtum than to open your mouth and prove to all and sundry that you are a complete idiot.

HTh, BIDI
    I don't need to own a dog to understand dog-owners who lock their pets in a car are cruel idiots, do I? You seem to be in the same boat... subjecting kids to danger (which you admitted) for your own convenience.

Also - you're homophobic now?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I don't need to own a dog to understand dog-owners who lock their pets in a car are cruel idiots, do I? You seem to be in the same boat... subjecting kids to danger (which you admitted) for your own convenience.

Also - you're homophobic now?
      Please explain how I "submitted my kids to danger", you utter, utter moron?
      And no I'm not homophobic, I just think you're deep in the closet
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        1. Skoda Octavia VRS saloon
        2. Skoda Octavia VRS estate
        3. Ford Focus ST estate

since I want a cheap, fun drive allied with family practicality.
        Which one would you have?
        Currently leaning to option 3.
        I personally would go for option 2 although it depends upon exactly which model. They have more space, pretty frugal yet still pack a punch, aesthetically pleasing (more so than the saloon), pretty solidly built and I think would actually buy one. They seem quite popular over here, more so than the Ford, although thats possibly due to them being a cheaper, yet pretty much similar to a VW. Take a pinch of salt and check out reviews of both and user forums...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You didn't say if you are looking at the petrol or diesel Octavias.

I have a mk2 petrol vrs saloon and strongly recommend it. It is easily remapped which turns it from a quick car to a very quick car. The handling isn't the sharpest on the market if you are looking for track handling, but on the roads it makes a roomy, practical and very capable car.

Comment

Working...
          X