• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Replacing my GT86 with one of these ..."

Collapse

• bluetoaster
    replied
    You didn't say if you are looking at the petrol or diesel Octavias.

I have a mk2 petrol vrs saloon and strongly recommend it. It is easily remapped which turns it from a quick car to a very quick car. The handling isn't the sharpest on the market if you are looking for track handling, but on the roads it makes a roomy, practical and very capable car.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    1. Skoda Octavia VRS saloon
    2. Skoda Octavia VRS estate
    3. Ford Focus ST estate

since I want a cheap, fun drive allied with family practicality.
    Which one would you have?
    Currently leaning to option 3.
    I personally would go for option 2 although it depends upon exactly which model. They have more space, pretty frugal yet still pack a punch, aesthetically pleasing (more so than the saloon), pretty solidly built and I think would actually buy one. They seem quite popular over here, more so than the Ford, although thats possibly due to them being a cheaper, yet pretty much similar to a VW. Take a pinch of salt and check out reviews of both and user forums...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't need to own a dog to understand dog-owners who lock their pets in a car are cruel idiots, do I? You seem to be in the same boat... subjecting kids to danger (which you admitted) for your own convenience.

Also - you're homophobic now?
    Please explain how I "submitted my kids to danger", you utter, utter moron?
    And no I'm not homophobic, I just think you're deep in the closet

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    When you manage to have to sex with your wife, gay boy, there's a chance you may produce a sprog.
    Then you might have an inkling of what you are talking about.
    Till then better to keep schtum than to open your mouth and prove to all and sundry that you are a complete idiot.

HTh, BIDI
    I don't need to own a dog to understand dog-owners who lock their pets in a car are cruel idiots, do I? You seem to be in the same boat... subjecting kids to danger (which you admitted) for your own convenience.

Also - you're homophobic now?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Oh come on, keep up will you.

His imaginary city slicker wife bought a 2nd hand BMW for ferrying the kids around, freeing up the stay at home £2K a day math genius to buy a 21st century Capri for fun. However the fun in talking about it has worn off, so now the imaginary wife has gone and sassy needs the family transport.

When the meds wear off I'm sure he'll be back to the imaginary Porsche Panamera as family transport. That or the Hayabusa and a sidecar.

Think you're making the standard cretin generalisation that what happens to you must happen to everyone.

Sold your crappy £200K singleton Swindon house yet?

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Friend had one of those - it was ace but fell apart!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    That's a much better example. Ideally, I would like to see some suggestion of questionable paternity, and maybe MF or suity could be brought in.
    If there was a sprog, questionable paternity would be an issue since doooghie comes across as camp as a row of tents. However MF and suity would be doubtful as putative dads since one is a fat alky who can't get it up and the other is, well, a fat alky who can't get it up.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Didn't you have a family when you bought it? Were you too stupid to count the number of seats? Wasn't the whole point you wanted a fun small car in addition to the large family car?
    Oh come on, keep up will you.

His imaginary city slicker wife bought a 2nd hand BMW for ferrying the kids around, freeing up the stay at home £2K a day math genius to buy a 21st century Capri for fun. However the fun in talking about it has worn off, so now the imaginary wife has gone and sassy needs the family transport.

When the meds wear off I'm sure he'll be back to the imaginary Porsche Panamera as family transport. That or the Hayabusa and a sidecar.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    When you manage to have to sex with your wife, gay boy, there's a chance you may produce a sprog.
    Till then better to keep schtum than to open your mouth and prove to all and sundry that you are a complete idiot.

HTh, BIDI
    That's a much better example. Ideally, I would like to see some suggestion of questionable paternity, and maybe MF or suity could be brought in.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I was referring to endangering a child, you contextually challenged buffoon.

HTh, BIDI

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    You could do so much better, d000hgie, but your heart's not in it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What part of circumstances changed don't you get, oh cretinous one?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    You could lease a Golf R for 239 a month plus Vodka and Tonic (10k miles pa)
    Chris Evans reviews Golf R: VW has just set the new benchmark | Mail Online
    Great car but looking for something cheaper.
    As for leasing, the one time I tried I got stung for what I thought was fair wear and tear at the end of the lease. Vowed never to do that again.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    You could lease a Golf R for 239 a month plus Vodka and Tonic (10k miles pa)
    Chris Evans reviews Golf R: VW has just set the new benchmark | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

Working...
X