• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Farage wisdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    He's a racist ****er, from last night:
    I am not a UKIP voter, however what he is saying is that the wave of immigration we have had from Eastern Europe has the effect of driving down wages and employment opportunities for the working class people in the UK, the people who support this wave of immigration are rarely affected, as they are not taking their jobs.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      I am not a UKIP voter, however what he is saying is that the wave of immigration we have had from Eastern Europe has the effect of driving down wages and employment opportunities for the working class people in the UK, the people who support this wave of immigration are rarely affected, as they are not taking their jobs.
      There might well be a pont in that but 'working class people' is a very broad and ill defined group; are you talking about skilled crafts and tradespeople, unskilled labour or somewhere in between.

Plus, I don't see how moves that would restrict British 'workers' from moving around would really help them. Farage might be good at pointing out problems, and indeed it's going to be difficult if not impossible to keep everybody in work, but I don't hear any solutions that really show me he's taking account of global developments like faster and easier globalisation of production, quicker and easier capital flows, large trade blocs being developed in Asia, Africa and Latin America, hence increased competition, more and cheaper automation of low end jobs and so on. Having said that, I don't hear those solutions from other party leaders either, but these are issues that are being discussed at EU level.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        Yep, just using the word 'white' doesn't make him 'racist', however that term is defined. It's a bit of an inconvenience for people adamant on pushing the 'racist' label that Eastern European and Mediterranean immigrants are Caucasian. Doesn't stop them from throwing the term around, usually without bothering to define it. It's the equivalent of the word 'heretic' in the 'modern' PC lingo, or 'denier' in the lingo of another cult. Just a pejorative used to induce a visceral unthinking reaction in others.
        Not in Nazi terms. Hitler regarded Slavs as untermenshen.

In the case of Farage, there is no doubt that he meant the guys left behind by Thatcher's mirage of the City. He is a hypocreep.
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          Further to what I already said, I read an article in Time yesterday, not exactly known as a communist party leaflet, that touches on how the poor worldwide are getting a tulipty deal. I don't think the EU is really their problem, but worldwide developments that one country alone will not be able to deal with;

TIME - Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
            Not in Nazi terms. Hitler regarded Slavs as untermenshen.

In the case of Farage, there is no doubt that he meant the guys left behind by Thatcher's mirage of the City. He is a hypocreep.
            That's your prejudice talking. Farage, being a politician, is using this emotive talk to increase his voter base across the political spectrum.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              There might well be a pont in that but 'working class people' is a very broad and ill defined group; are you talking about skilled crafts and tradespeople, unskilled labour or somewhere in between.

Plus, I don't see how moves that would restrict British 'workers' from moving around would really help them. Farage might be good at pointing out problems, and indeed it's going to be difficult if not impossible to keep everybody in work, but I don't hear any solutions that really show me he's taking account of global developments like faster and easier globalisation of production, quicker and easier capital flows, large trade blocs being developed in Asia, Africa and Latin America, hence increased competition, more and cheaper automation of low end jobs and so on. Having said that, I don't hear those solutions from other party leaders either, but these are issues that are being discussed at EU level.
              And just what do you think "discussions at EU level" are going to achieve

On another note I notice my German friend calling Farage "racist". i presume he cannot argue the point so instead makes the slur
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                That's your prejudice talking. Farage, being a politician, is using this emotive talk to increase his voter base across the political spectrum.
                Thus appealing to the prejudice held by targeted groups.

From the objective standpoint, you appear to be in love with Farage.
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  And just what do you think "discussions at EU level" are going to achieve
                  I don't know, but that wasn't my point; my point is that while Farage points out genuine problems, I don't hear any solutions from him and I don't think his idea of leaving the EU gets anyone a step closer to dealing with very difficult issues.

One thing the EU has achieved is that while business has had the freedom to move jobs around the world for some time, 'workers' now at least have the freedom to follow opportunities around Europe, but not yet the world. Not enough, but it's a start. But then your earlier posts suggest you favour freedom for capital flows without freedom for workers to follow the capital flows, so you wouldn't see this as an achievement. But even then, I'd say the free movement of labour is an attempt to balance the free movement of capital. What is Mr Farage's approach to solving the problem that all sorts of low end (and high end in fact) jobs can be shifted to another part of the world very easily, while Britain (like most western economies) has a big problem of long term unemployment at the bottom of the labour market? Hmm? How's he hoping to deal with that? Or is he just another populist offering false hope to people who are having a hard time already?

As for the point about racism; the German chappy says what he thinks; personally I haven't accused Farage of racism because I don't think he's a racist.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 3 April 2014, 08:24.

Comment

I'm not sure that Clegg did all that well he kept accusing Nigel of being a Fantasist and wanting to go back to the past/empire.

I suspect Farage's team will treat that as a target and highlight any times Clegg has suffered from such leanings.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I'm not sure that Clegg did all that well he kept accusing Nigel of being a Fantasist and wanting to go back to the past/empire.

I suspect Farage's team will treat that as a target and highlight any times Clegg has suffered from such leanings.
                      Clegg isn't doing a great job of this at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X