• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Indians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood why it's India which has become the go-to place for outsourcing, since on a technical level they simply are not that amazing in general terms. Whereas countries in Eastern Europe have far higher standards in math/programming (not definitive data) and are also pretty damn cheap, as well as arguably a far smaller culture gulf.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I never understood why it's India which has become the go-to place for outsourcing, since on a technical level they simply are not that amazing in general terms. Whereas countries in Eastern Europe have far higher standards in math/programming (not definitive data) and are also pretty damn cheap, as well as arguably a far smaller culture gulf.
      It's because Indians are better at business than most Eastern Europeans. The large outsourcers had the vision to see outsourcing as a model and the drive to make it so.
      If they could improve technical standards in their mostly crap universities they would unbeatable. At the moment they're only a threat to the mediocre not to the good.
      Last edited by sasguru; 28 March 2014, 12:37.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The large outsourcers had the vision to see outsourcing as a model and the drive to make it so.
        If they could improve technical standards in their mostly crap universities they would unbeatable. At the moment they're only a threat to the mediocre not to the good.
        Er no it is because they are cheap (IT Jobswatch) (PayScale) £1 = Rs 102 approx.

They can also onshore workers through intra company transfers at about those home salary rates because the UKBA allows business expenses to be counted towards the 'salary package' rate for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by backthemac View Post
          Er no it is because they are cheap (IT Jobswatch) (PayScale) £1 = Rs 102 approx.

They can also onshore workers through intra company transfers at about those home salary rates because the UKBA allows business expenses to be counted towards the 'salary package' rate for the job.
          Hmm, I wonder who's sockie this is lol!

Comment

Working...
          X