• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family cars....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Sounds very fun to drive.....
    You are looking for a family car, remember? - with room in the back. Not a flippin race car.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Sounds very fun to drive.....
      Fun meaning you can throw it about a bit? Bit quicker cornering etc? Maybe not a style of driving you should have when ferrying kids around?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        WHS.
        Because if substance trumped form there is one car that ticks most (or all of the boxes):

Skoda VRS (saloon or estate).

But because you are shallow, you'll get an inferior car with the badge you want.

HTH, BIDI
        Have you sat inside a BMW 3 series M Sport and driven one? I really don't care for badge but I do like an enjoyable drive and comfortable seating position. When you get one in an estate then I feel it's the current best option for combined practicality/drive. I would be using it throughout the week anyway for my long commute...... + don't forget the resale values.

Comment

I'd go for something fairly large TBH. The smallest I would go for would be 3 series / Mondeo estate sized. I'm not into the SUV thing at all personally but they do seem to offer a bit more space. You'll get away with something smaller for a lot of the time but there will be one time every month or so where you are glad of the extra space.

I'd look at a Mercedes E class if you want something a bit flash. They are supposedly the most reliable car in their class as well. Otherwise there are plenty of sensible options. Honda, Subaru, Toyota etc...
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            WHS.
            Because if substance trumped form there is one car that ticks most (or all of the boxes):

Skoda Octavia VRS (saloon or estate).

But because you are shallow, you'll get an inferior car with the badge you want.

HTH, BIDI
            I always had great fun with my Skoda Octavia annoying the audi drivers in the office. The interior of the laurin and klement variants are better than anything VW or Audi (unless absolute best spec) offer....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Fun meaning you can throw it about a bit? Bit quicker cornering etc? Maybe not a style of driving you should have when ferrying kids around?
              Not necessarily but even if that was the case I'd hope to not have them with me 100% of the time I was driving..... Especially since I am going to work and back.

Comment

Not necessarily but even if that was the case I'd hope to not have them with me 100% of the time I was driving..... Especially since I am going to work and back.
                If you are gonna get that gig in Manchester you ain't gonna have much fun from your place whatever you are driving IMO.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  If you are gonna get that gig in Manchester you ain't gonna have much fun from your place whatever you are driving IMO.
                  Boomed thread pending some paper work..... involved a verbally agreed rate hike which was too good to turn down (not for gig in Manchester).

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Have you sat inside a BMW 3 series M Sport and driven one? I really don't care for badge but I do like an enjoyable drive and comfortable seating position. When you get one in an estate then I feel it's the current best option for combined practicality/drive. I would be using it throughout the week anyway for my long commute...... + don't forget the resale values.
                      Why are you asking then - you want a standard twat-motor with associated high bills, then get one.
                      Or you can get a proper fast and practical Q-car, with low costs: Octavia VRS.
                      See, I told you you were shallow.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X