• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family cars....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You will regret the sports element when every bump wakes the kids up and has them wailing. A nice smooth ride and sleeping kids will help your stress levels no end.
    Really good point, but aren't the cars on my list ok in that aspect? I mean if I take the run flats of a BMW it should be pretty smooth..

Comment

What about the Nissan Juke? I think they are great looking things. They look fun but are very practical? Plenty around so will get some good car for your cash?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Really good point, but aren't the cars on my list ok in that aspect? I mean if I take the run flats of a BMW it should be pretty smooth..
        I haven't heard anything good about BMW run flats. And it won't...

Get a Honda Civic. They are very funky.

Comment

I haven't heard anything good about BMW run flats. And it won't...

Get a Honda Civic. They are very funky.
          Honda Civic

Also they are not very large at the back.

Comment

Honda Civic

Also they are not very large at the back.
            So really what you want is a badge......

And everything else is secondary....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Honda Civic
              They are great and go like the clappers. Tons of room in them. The seats are quick fold, the glove compartment ends somewhere near the front bump, ton's of room in the boot... and funky as well.

If you are trying to mix sports and family you are going to have spend a very long term looking and get two halves of f**k all.

Comment

What about the Nissan Juke? I think they are great looking things. They look fun but are very practical? Plenty around so will get some good car for your cash?
                I had one as a loaner when mine was in the garage. They are awful, don't have a lot of space in them, zero rear visibility and a horrid CVT transmission.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  So really what you want is a badge......

And everything else is secondary....
                  Again......

Your a dad of two now. Forget the flash cars. Get a family car and a wardrobe full of Paul Smith shirts and jackets instead.

Comment

What about the Nissan Juke? I think they are great looking things.
                    Are you high? They are minging looking!!

Don't get an Audi - Audi drivers are bellends.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      I had one as a loaner when mine was in the garage. They are awful, don't have a lot of space in them, zero rear visibility and a horrid CVT transmission.
                      Oh, one of them that doesn't sit in any particular bracket? Like the Evoque. Didn't realise that. Will

Comment

Working...
                      X