• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doublespeak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    The whole education system is riddled with leftist idealogues who want to produce model citizens for the ensuing Marxist dystopia that will emerge unless us real Brits stand up and show a bit of spunk.

So, not unreasonable at all.
    What is a real brit exactly? Someone like Bertrand Russell who was prepared to go to prison for his beliefs? Or Alan Turing? Thatcher? Nick Griffin? Are educated, erudite people allowed or should only the wilfully ignorant apply?

We're talking about education, not indoctrination. Learning something of other faiths is a simple way to avoid ignorance. As an atheist who has had christian myths rammed down my throat by the school system since age 5 I think it's at least vaguely sensible to understand the basics of what others believe, if only to avoid obvious faux pas like telling your girlfriend's deeply religous parents that you don't go to midnight mass on christmas eve because you don't believe in any of that mumbo jumbo.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      The whole education system is riddled with leftist idealogues who want to produce model citizens for the ensuing Marxist dystopia that will emerge unless us real Brits stand up and show a bit of spunk.

So, not unreasonable at all.
      BINGO!
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        What is a real brit exactly? Someone like Bertrand Russell who was prepared to go to prison for his beliefs? Or Alan Turing? Thatcher? Nick Griffin? Are educated, erudite people allowed or should only the wilfully ignorant apply?

We're talking about education, not indoctrination. Learning something of other faiths is a simple way to avoid ignorance. As an atheist who has had christian myths rammed down my throat by the school system since age 5 I think it's at least vaguely sensible to understand the basics of what others believe, if only to avoid obvious faux pas like telling your girlfriend's deeply religous parents that you don't go to midnight mass on christmas eve because you're absolutely ******* hammered and if you drink anymore then you won't be able to give their daughter her surprise Christmas present...

FTFY
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          FTFY
          I was always too stoned to drink in those days. Her mum used to be very kind and stuff me full of biscuits though.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What's one of those? Can a fake one become a real one over time?
            Think it depends if you grew or flew here
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
            X