• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DIY divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    from the person who is very keen on marriage and children.....for all their IM opponents.
    Yep - its a mugs game.

Just think, if you buy your new bike a potential ex could claim one of them. Maybe best to sell the current one or run it into the ground before the new one?
    My 3 bikes are mine ..... cant give the fold-up away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Yep - its a mugs game.

Just think, if you buy your new bike a potential ex could claim one of them. Maybe best to sell the current one or run it into the ground before the new one?
      My 3 bikes are mine ..... cant give the fold-up away.
      I would swap all 3 bikes in exchange for getting my nads back.

Not sure about the new bike - work is a disaster zone right now. The less ties I have to them the better.

Well - if I get a new bike Im paying cash.

What do you reckon about keeping the boardman and upgrading the wheels?

Comment

I would swap all 3 bikes in exchange for getting my nads back.

Not sure about the new bike - work is a disaster zone right now. The less ties I have to them the better.

Well - if I get a new bike Im paying cash.

What do you reckon about keeping the boardman and upgrading the wheels?
        I'd sell the boardman get titanium ~£800 - bike for life. My wheel combo Zipp 1200's ~£1600 on wiggle - they see daylight about x5 a year. So I would go for the frame.

If you go for the Zipps dont tell the mrs the price - its like what we do with shoes 'tut, these old things....'

Comment

hmm marriage - the process of finding out what sort of man your wife would have preferred.
          It's interesting and common perception that the husband is more likely to divorce his wife. But according to the Office of National Statistics, 75% of divorces are currently being brought by the wife against her husband. They also commented that they believe that a further 5% of men are being manipulated by their wives by getting the husband to "do the right thing" and carry out her wishes for a divorce by getting him to do all the work. It's stark reading...in this generation the female mid life crisis is far more serious than the parody of the male mid life crisis of the '70's.

Comment

Nah, we all know that its primarily the women that instigate for 'unreasonable behaviour' typically.

There is no mid-life crisis for women any more than for men it just happens that asset wise the men lose more especially if there are children involved as the women have less earning power with increased responsibility in the home. Its easier with no babies.
            There is nothing new here.

Comment

When I get divorced, I am going for the house, car and maintenance. But first I need to find a husband
              oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Gazzajagman View Post
                It's interesting and common perception that the husband is more likely to divorce his wife. But according to the Office of National Statistics, 75% of divorces are currently being brought by the wife against her husband. They also commented that they believe that a further 5% of men are being manipulated by their wives by getting the husband to "do the right thing" and carry out her wishes for a divorce by getting him to do all the work. It's stark reading...in this generation the female mid life crisis is far more serious than the parody of the male mid life crisis of the '70's.
                +1000. And its been that way for 10+ years at least.

These days its seems some women find they can get the house, kids, money dump the husband and shack up with their tennis coach. Then get all their mates to do the same. Women are better communicators so men are almost defenceless.

And any man that dares to object is branded sexist with no evidence - these comments are made by women who are are men haters and want men to be kept in their place. Odlly enough they usually have sons - I wonder how they would feel if their sons saw their comments?

Every woman who I have told that my wife tried to stab me asks "what did you do to upset her?". Because of course women are perfect and men are always wrong.

Next time I sticking to prostitutes. Its far cheaper. After all men don't pay for sex. They pay for women to go away after sex.

Comment

Nah, we all know that its primarily the women that instigate for 'unreasonable behaviour' typically.

There is no mid-life crisis for women any more than for men it just happens that asset wise the men lose more especially if there are children involved as the women have less earning power with increased responsibility in the home. Its easier with no babies.
                  No there is a lot new here - if back in the day a woman decided to up sticks and fook off on her husband that was her lookout very little sympathy from the court.

Now she has the right to kick him out, take half (or more than half) , deny him access to the kids and does not really need to give a reason.

Sorry but nowadays many women do enter marriage not thinking it will be forever but thinking it will set me up forever.

So come on get with the program please.

Comment

Apart from the fact that hit men are now far cheaper and more available.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
                      But marriage is already a form of contract, surely setting the terms of any dissolution of that contract in advance is fairer
                      Yes, and it also needs NOT to be viewed as a life-long commitment.

If it's viewed as a proper contract, you would have a finite end date (say 5-7 years) with exit provision to be considered (including what to do with the house, the dog and the kids).

Then towards of the contract date both parties can decide to extend the original contract or exit using pre-agreed procedures.

This would be the sensible approach, I reckon.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X