• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the loony left rape your daughters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Harperson was a member of an organisation that spread certain opinions that both you and I find objectionable, or included an organisation that spread those opinions.

Savile is alleged (a shame he can't be tried now) to have abused his position to have sex with people he knew were underage, including physically and/or mentally sick children in hospitals.

I don't think you can really compare the two.
    I am sorry but I think you can. She was complicit in encouraging the type of behaviour that Savile was engaged in. I am not saying she was actively molesting children but that is not the point. The point his that she was part of an organisation that encouraged this sort of behaviour and fostered a "blind eye" attitude. Although Savile probably broke the law at the time and should therefore stand trial (if he were alive) his behaviour should by your argument be mitigated in the context of prevailing attitudes at the time.

This then spills over into abuse of children and vulnerable adults back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So therefore authorities and people in authority (including the BBC) did nothing wrong in ignoring this behaviour. According to what you are saying therefore the likes of Roache, DLT groping and bum pinching and overbearing sexist behaviour did nothing wrong?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Mich, I know you might think it irrelevant, but do you really think this "Harperson" jibe is worth your breath? It's a bit 1970s laddish, not really funny.
      unfortunately given her repeated misandry its appropriate.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I am sorry but I think you can. She was complicit in encouraging the type of behaviour that Savile was engaged in. I am not saying she was actively molesting children but that is not the point. The point his that she was part of an organisation that encouraged this sort of behaviour and fostered a "blind eye" attitude. Although Savile probably broke the law at the time and should therefore stand trial (if he were alive) his behaviour should by your argument be mitigated in the context of prevailing attitudes at the time.

This then spills over into abuse of children and vulnerable adults back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So therefore authorities and people in authority (including the BBC) did nothing wrong in ignoring this behaviour. According to what you are saying therefore the likes of Roache, DLT groping and bum pinching and overbearing sexist behaviour did nothing wrong?
        Please show me where she encouraged people to fiddle with kids.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He's just obsessed with connecting left wing politics with sexual preference. Rather absurd.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

She was chairperson of the NCCL that accepted the membership of PIE. I accept that they may have unwittingly done this but there are currently two sides of the story running.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well if that's the case then you could go after whole generations of people who grew up after the war and were 'complicit' in creating the permissive attitudes of the 60s and 70s where this kind of thing happened. Rock and roll musicians singing the praises of pubescent girls, people writing novels about teenage sex and so on. Can we just concentrate on what some people actually did instead of what some silly students might have said?

I bought a Jerry Lee Lewis record, knowing that he had shagged a 15 year old. Am I complicit?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

She was chairperson of the NCCL that accepted the membership of PIE. I accept that they may have unwittingly done this but there are currently two sides of the story running.
                The NCCL accepted the affiliation prior to her joining, and anyone could be an affiliate by simply paying. Plus, was she ever the chairperson - I've not seen that said anywhere?

Comment

Harman was never chair of the NCCL. She was employed by it as a legal officer but only after PIE was affiliated.

So why did you think that? IMHO because the Mail intended that people should get that impression, even if it's not true.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    He's just obsessed with connecting left wing politics with sexual preference. Rather absurd.
                    To an extent that is true. What I am saying is that the left like to think they have morality on their side. they think that by appealing to the vulnerable and less well off sections of the society that they are helping others. They fail time and again to help anyone and to hide their failings they turn to blaming the rich.

Part of this includes the sympathising with any sort of organisation or doctrine that is associated with anti establishment. This includes minorities consisting of people with different sets of rules. These people usually get egg on their face whenever they try to run the economy, or redistribute wealth. They have now been made to look even more pathetic by associating themselves with what has turned out to be paedophiles.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Harman was never chair of the NCCL. She was employed by it as a legal officer but only after PIE was affiliated.

So why did you think that? IMHO because the Mail intended that people should get that impression, even if it's not true.
                      I take it you have studied the story at length.

Comment

Working...
                      X