• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Interests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    To be fair "Also ran in a personality contest" is probably nearer the truth!
    Although many on here would struggle with the bit that says 'run'.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So do any of you lot have interests on your CV?

I guess it's not very contractory.

Comment

I do!

I have competed at international level in 2 different and national in another thing so I stick it on there in case it impresses someone, of course if they press me for details they might not be so impressed but it is worth a go
        Last edited by MyUserName; 25 February 2014, 14:43. Reason: I'm an idiot and can't remember my own past
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          I do!

I have competed at national level in 3 different things so I stick it on there in case it impresses someone, of course if they press me for details they might not be so impressed but it is worth a go
          WHS. It's got me interviews I think. Might have lost me a few too, but who knows?

Comment

Ironman and Rowing usually fills the 'in-the-lift-small-talk' in interview.

Comment

Mine says:

Interests: Cycling, geocaching, reading and writing. Cycled from Lands’ End to John O’ Groats during Summer 2010. Completed the Wine and Spirits Education Trust Higher Certificate whilst working for exPermieCo. In 2013, I achieved a BA(Hons) (First) in Humanities with Art History with the Open University, which I had been studied for personal interest.

I think it needs sexing up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                Ironman and Rowing usually gets them thinking about lycra.
                ftfy.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Mine says:

Interests: Cycling, geocaching, reading and writing. Cycled from Lands’ End to John O’ Groats during Summer 2010. Completed the Wine and Spirits Education Trust Higher Certificate whilst working for exPermieCo. In 2013, I achieved a BA(Hons) (First) in Humanities with Art History with the Open University, which I had been studied for personal interest.

I think it needs sexing up a bit.
                  Reading and Writing in a CV c'mon unless you are published

Write as 3rd person as personal achievements and ongoing interests.

1.Cycled from Lands’ End to John O’ Groats.
                  2. Wine and Spirits Education Trust Higher Certificate
                  3. (Hons) (First) in Humanities with Art History

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    So do any of you lot have interests on your CV?

I guess it's not very contractory.
                    Not a single one listed - though I do put them on LinkedIn because they don't take space away from other things. I'm quite happy to chat about them in person - if someone is dumb enough to think I don't do anything apart from work based on my CV, then, well, probably best we don't meet anyway.

Comment

I got interviewed for a Test Manager role, and got the job, thanks to having put my brief stint at a first division rugby club on my CV. Apparently the hiring manager wanted someone who was 'not easily intimidated' by senior managers.

It worked and I invoiced thereby fulfilling the golden rule of contracting.

Comment

Working...
                      X