• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Constipation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Thats sort of how it works I think, the watery stuff slowly erodes the rock hard lump.

I can't bathe sadly due to the tubes, I have to shower wrapped in bits of clingfilm instead. Might try a hot water bottle though.
    Bummer. No pun intended.

Comment

The trouble with enemas is they don't really soften it. I had a couple in the hospital and they make you go but it can be hell. On one of them I ended up having to break bits off with my fingers to get it out. It was half hour of screaming, i thought i would need stiches afterwards.
      Inner monologue, inner monologue!!!

Comment

The trouble with enemas is they don't really soften it. I had a couple in the hospital and they make you go but it can be hell. On one of them I ended up having to break bits off with my fingers to get it out. It was half hour of screaming, i thought i would need stiches afterwards.
        These ones do soften the stool. They are very different to hospital enemas. You lie on the bed as long as you can stand it, then rush to the loo when you can stand it no more. There might be a bit of heaving and shoving to start with, but the stool gets softened by all the moisture that is dragged into the colon by the enema itself.

I too have had a "passing out" poo. Very very scary.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ffs. Tell someone who could give a sh1t.

good luck with the treatment. Trying to keep clean etc with all sorts of bits stuck in you is a right pain.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            These ones do soften the stool. They are very different to hospital enemas. You lie on the bed as long as you can stand it, then rush to the loo when you can stand it no more. There might be a bit of heaving and shoving to start with, but the stool gets softened by all the moisture that is dragged into the colon by the enema itself.
            Thats pretty much what the hospital ones do, but the softening isn't up to much because it only has 10 minutes to act.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My poor cat had lots of enemas in his final year.

I stumbled across this whilst researching it:

I gave my cat an enema

Comment

Thats pretty much what the hospital ones do, but the softening isn't up to much because it only has 10 minutes to act.
                Then you refill the enemas with warm soapy water. Rinse and repeat. The lie down and let the warm soapy water soften the stools. You may have a faecal impaction which is a hospital job anyway.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Happy cats bum.

Still, i'm not giving myself an enema....
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Then you refill the enemas with warm soapy water. Rinse and repeat. The lie down and let the warm soapy water soften the stools. You may have a faecal impaction which is a hospital job anyway.
                    The hospital gave me movicol for that last time. 3 double doses a day for 3 days. It works.

That was about a week before I found out about the cancer. Seems like ages ago.

Comment

This one is a proper bastard, rock hard and the size of a housebrick. Ruined my day it has.
                      Reminds me of yesterday's morning glory.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X