• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six-year-old schoolboy suspended for having Mini Cheddars in his lunchbox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having some mini cheddars in solidarity now!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I'm having some mini cheddars in solidarity now!
      Take it easy though. Those things could kill you.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Suspending a 6yo is nonsense regardless. It is the parents breaking the rules - rules I'm not certain the school has the authority to make - not the child.

Presumably we'll see the parents appeal to the EU or something next

I thought all schools were now offering free school lunches anyway. Ban packed lunches?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I thought all schools were now offering free school lunches anyway. Ban packed lunches?
          Ban school?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Suspending a 6yo is nonsense regardless. It is the parents breaking the rules - rules I'm not certain the school has the authority to make - not the child.

Presumably we'll see the parents appeal to the EU or something next

ECHR

Schoolboy error

Comment

From September, all KS1 children will be entitled to a free school meal. That doesn't mean that you will be forced to take one, though.
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

So, the "story" is that the parents kept breaking the school rules, and having been warned about it, the child was excluded from school.

I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Aside from the fact that the whole "sugar high" thing is a myth with no scientific evidence that it actually exists (and quite a lot that it's bollocks),
                  Are you sure? I was under the impression that additives, sugar etc were known to cause a lack of attention and hyperactivity etc? I am not an expert in this field though so I might be wrong.

we're talking about mini cheddars, which are savoury cheese flavoured biscuits, not sweets or cakes. They are no more unhealthy than having mayonnaise or butter in a sandwich, or a pepperami or similar meat snack or those squeezy yogurts targeted at kids. Banning them is ******* ridiculous, and suspending a kid for 4 days because of it even more so.
                  No, you have missed the point. We are talking about someone who continually refused to follow the rules laid down by the school and has now been punished. You do not get to pick and choose the rules you follow.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Schools don't have to allow packed lunches, or do they? If they allow it, then telling you what you can bring doesn't really seem right - but telling you you can't bring a lunch at all seems better. Maybe that's just me. Still not fair to penalise the kid for the parents' actions though.
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Are you sure? I was under the impression that additives, sugar etc were known to cause a lack of attention and hyperactivity etc? I am not an expert in this field though so I might be wrong.
                      There are lots of studies showing that sugar doesn't cause hyperactivity. Some additives might, but the "sugar high" is a myth.

Debunking a Halloween myth: Sugar and hyperactivity | Scope Blog

No, you have missed the point. We are talking about someone who continually refused to follow the rules laid down by the school and has now been punished.
                      If this is the sort of muddle headed madness the school is codifying into rules then parents have every right to dispute them IMO. Although I suppose it's perfect preparation for life in modern Britain.

Comment

Working...
                      X