• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JP Morgan building plunge victim was IT chief at bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You are a poor excuse for a human being.

Why are you posting on here? Plenty of toilets to be cleaned you know. Once they are sparkling you can post some more of your jet-set fantasies.
    My point proved.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My point proved.
      Your usual point being that you are a walter mitty twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Autism is just an excuse for poor parenting.
        My son is autistic and I consider myself to be a good parent. Shame you don't have the intelligence to understand autism before making your stupid comment.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          My son is autistic and I consider myself to be a good parent. Shame you don't have the intelligence to understand autism before making your stupid comment.
          No more stupid than saying it's the fault of mothers who play their babies music in the womb.

I took it as responding to one trolling comment with another.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            No more stupid than saying it's the fault of mothers who play their babies music in the womb.

I took it as responding to one trolling comment with another.
            Its way more stupid - autism is a disability and as such has as much to do with bad parenting as having a child who can't walk is. I suppose the fact that he is blind is down to bad parenting also.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Its way more stupid - autism is a disability and as such has as much to do with bad parenting as having a child who can't walk is. I suppose the fact that he is blind is down to bad parenting also.

So you think playing music in the womb causes autism? Isn't that then also bad parenting?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                So you think playing music in the womb causes autism? Isn't that then also bad parenting?
                I don't see any suggestion that he agrees with what Brillo said at all TBH. It seems he's taken offence (quite reasonably) because MF has made a snide remark at Brillo (who I believe has autistic children of his own) and in doing so implied that anyone with Autistic kids is a bad parent, which is obviously going to be a sore point for those that have them.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Fair dos. But both comments are stupid - blaming pregnant mothers for playing music is just as stupid as blaming bad parenting. And Brillo doesn't have ignorance as an excuse.

Comment

Er, back on topic rather than talking about autism....

Many of my friends did the IB contracting carousel from bank to bank from about 94/95 to the pre-Lehman's crash. In 1998 when I was on about £30k salary as a perm at a good consultancy, they were making £2,000 a week or more. I used to be in awe, partly because of the money but also I had this image of them working with really clever people on exciting projects and using the latest cutting edge technology.

It turned out that the truth was the complete opposite. My illusion was shattered and they worked with numpties, complete lack of any kind of direction or strategy, and (especially the women) had to put up with lots of crap.

I don't feel too sorry for them, several semi-retired in their early 40s; another couple I know have a penthouse in Docklands with his and hers matching Porsche 911s and so on.

One female friend used to work at Goldmans and said it was horribly sexist and appalling to work for. Trouble is the money was so good, she couldn't bear to leave. I saw her again recently for the first time in a few years and asked her if she was still there.

'No, I left, it got too much.'

'Are you still in IB?'

'Yes, I'm at JPM - it's even worse...'

So, it seems the lesson is greed is good so make the most of it but get out while you can

Comment

Blindness is a physical disability. The argument that Autism is caused by bad parenting is nothing new. The Refridgerator mother theory has been around since the 1950s and is still pushed as a controversial theory today. Tony Humphreys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has been the latest Doctor to be villified. The thought is that cold parenting / unemotional parents can cause their children to manifest psychological issues is nothing new.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X