• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Train Travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Train Travel

Any train, any time for a full month... £399 or £595 for 1st class

Britrail Pass - Train Travel in England | VisitBritain Shop

Just need to prove that you are not a UK resident. After all why should us scummy UK tax payers get to benefit from our own rail system
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Any train, any time for a full month... £399 or £595 for 1st class

Britrail Pass - Train Travel in England | VisitBritain Shop

Just need to prove that you are not a UK resident. After all why should us scummy UK tax payers get to benefit from our own rail system
    That is scandelous, why am I not surprised...

Comment

Well the whole point is to use it for tourism, not as a cheap way to commute. I wonder if you can get such a thing for other countries?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'll buy it for you since I'm no resident. Just send me the money + a small commission
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Well the whole point is to use it for tourism, not as a cheap way to commute. I wonder if you can get such a thing for other countries?
          You can get a Bayern ticket for €35. That a group of 5 to travel anywhere in Bavaria for the day. And since Deutsche-bahn own Salzburg station it's a real cheap way to visit this fine Austrian city for a day trip.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Doesn't it require proof of residence abroad (e.g. a foreign passport) to be used as ID when you activate it?
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

If Scotland votes for independence they'll be eligible for one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                Doesn't it require proof of residence abroad (e.g. a foreign passport) to be used as ID when you activate it?
                It says you need a passport for ID. A foreign passport doesn't prove you live abroad, just as a British one doesn't prove you don't.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-yo...discrimination

"It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of ... race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin ... as a consumer"
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                    https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-yo...discrimination

"It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of ... race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin ... as a consumer"
                    But not on where you live apparently.

It's the same with Scottish (and Welsh?) universities - if you live in Europe, you don't pay any fees, if you live in England you pay full whack.

Comment

Working...
                    X