• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Train Travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But not on where you live apparently.

It's the same with Scottish (and Welsh?) universities - if you live in Europe, you don't pay any fees, if you live in England you pay full whack.
    You can't discriminate against people from other EU countries, but you can discriminate against people from other part of your own country.

A Yes vote in Scotland would get free tuition for people from England.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      But not on where you live apparently.

It's the same with Scottish (and Welsh?) universities - if you live in Europe, you don't pay any fees, if you live in England you pay full whack.
      Probably. Don't live in England would seem to be the message here.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In Switzerland you can use any form of public transport in the whole country at anytime (apart from night time suppliment if you are travelling after something like 11pm) for about £200 per month:

SBB: GA travelcard for adults.

there is one difference..........public transport is a lot better quality!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Any train, any time for a full month... £399 or £595 for 1st class

Britrail Pass - Train Travel in England | VisitBritain Shop

Just need to prove that you are not a UK resident. After all why should us scummy UK tax payers get to benefit from our own rail system
          Ooooh, I think its time to take up my Spanish nationality finally
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As an aside, I am not sure how this is legal, we are in a European Free Trade market, how can residents of one country in the EU (sadly the country where the service is provided) be given different contions to everyone else in the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Well the whole point is to use it for tourism, not as a cheap way to commute. I wonder if you can get such a thing for other countries?
              You can; most countries' rail companies offer this kind of deal to non-residents. It's a bit like the 'inter-rail' card that many people use during a gap year.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
                As an aside, I am not sure how this is legal, we are in a European Free Trade market, how can residents of one country in the EU (sadly the country where the service is provided) be given different contions to everyone else in the EU?
                Well companies selling digital media or access to media streaming frequently not only charge different amounts in different EU nations, but have different products on sale.

Refreshingly nice that I can decide who to sell my products to.

Also this is probably subsidised by the government ultimately, so it would be stupid for them to subsidise travel for residents as every commuter would just use this.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X