• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour's smoking ban killed the British pub

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The same as everyone else I assume.
    When your finger goes through the paper?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You aren't allowed to pick on dwarves.
      I thought you had to call them PORGs now?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I thought you had to call them PORGs now?
        Welcome back.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Some quick research on Google suggests very few medical conditions that cause weight gain. The best known (although still very rare) is hyperthyroidism, and that's treatable.

Cushing's is another one although bizarrely it's more often brought on by obesity.

So, basically, fat is fat due to overeating in say all but one in 50,000 cases.
          Hypothyroidism. And a lot more common than you might think. The guidelines for when someone should be considered hypothyroid vary hugely from country to country.

Edit: Hypo - underactive - sluggish metabolism
          Hyper - overactive - speeded up metabolism

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Aren't private clubs exempt? For instance private members clubs such as cigar clubs?
            Well yes, you would have thought that. I mean a place dedicated to smoking, for people that want to smoke, privately, without "infecting" anyone else that was there against their will, that even staff knew and had the choice what they were getting in to. All reasonable, all good, all personal choice.

Ah, but no, those *******, those parasites, those puritans, those miserablists, those that want to force engineer social changes against the will of a subset of population, those that will never cease to be bansturbators once smoking has been made verboten, will it be sugar next, fast foods, fatty people, colourful drinks, those authoritarians that can't afford for their taxpayers funds to cease (won't someone think of their spawns private schooling...), those bastards have decreed, against all logic, that private members clubs are not exempt from the smoking ban.

Makes you fecking proud.

And this has never been about health.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Ah, but no, those *******, those parasites, those puritans, those miserablists, those that want to force engineer social changes against the will of a subset of population, those that will never cease to be bansturbators once smoking has been made verboten, will it be sugar next, fast foods, fatty people, colourful drinks, those authoritarians that can't afford for their taxpayers funds to cease (won't someone think of their spawns private schooling...), those bastards have decreed, against all logic, that private members clubs are not exempt from the smoking ban.
              Hell, I don't smoke and I love this rant. 11/10.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Well yes, you would have thought that. I mean a place dedicated to smoking, for people that want to smoke, privately, without "infecting" anyone else that was there against their will, that even staff knew and had the choice what they were getting in to. All reasonable, all good, all personal choice.

Makes you fecking proud.

And this has never been about health.

It's about control. and power.

closing down discussion and debate. the definition of totalitarianism.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I've never really found anything to be 'militant' about. Am I missing out on something?
                  Sure! You're missing the chance to have a good RANT! tulip, I think I need a fag to calm me down.

My outburst is pretty insignificant compared to hyperD's one though. Truly epic, bro! Have a cigar.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Hell, I don't smoke and I love this rant. 11/10.
                    Neither does he

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Neither does he
                      'tis true - I don't smoke!
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X