• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet Night, Until...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Standards of trolling are going downhill here. Is that really the best you can do? Please read the beginners guide to trolling and try again. I believe MF offers lessons too - payment in pies.
    No idea what you mean. I have to agree with the poster though. If there was a major car crash on the motorway & Fitz was rubber necking, there'd be a whole thread on camera angles, shutter speeds, breaking distances and how he had a near miss in his Ford Anglia on the way to the Solstice.

(That do you BP)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I called in an altercation between two minicab drivers once. License plates, name and address all given in correct phonetics. When the rozzers turned up they asked me which station I worked for.

Of course I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I thought it was a bit odd that he was so amazed, although my mate was also quite amused that I could just reel it off without hesitation: "Foxtrot India Tango Zulu…" etc.
        Knowing the phonetic alphabet myself, there's something very irritating about call centre staff who only seem to know half the alphabet and revert to first names for letter's they can't remember - "Okay, that's B for Bravo, T for Tommy"....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I called in an altercation between two minicab drivers once. License plates, name and address all given in correct phonetics. When the rozzers turned up they asked me which station I worked for.

Of course I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.
          Maybe Nick is a fan of the Bloodhound Gang

Bloodhound Gang - Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo - YouTube
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Knowing the phonetic alphabet myself, there's something very irritating about call centre staff who only seem to know half the alphabet and revert to first names for letter's they can't remember - "Okay, that's B for Bravo, T for Tommy"....
            S for sugar

Comment

I got involved in an emergency call yesterday too when I went to my sister's and found my Bro in law shouting in pain. The response was pretty good.

Can see why there is so much in the news about casualty depts. being overwhelmed, the place was heaving. Apart from one chap with a sliced thumb I couldn't see a thing wrong with any of them, although some may have been waiting for relatives I suppose.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I got involved in an emergency call yesterday too when I went to my sister's and found my Bro in law shouting in pain. The response was pretty good.

Can see why there is so much in the news about casualty depts. being overwhelmed, the place was heaving. Apart from one chap with a sliced thumb I couldn't see a thing wrong with any of them, although some may have been waiting for relatives I suppose.
                What was up with BIL?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Finally she deigned to send some coppers on an emergency response. Of course, what this meant was that nobody appeared for several minutes until they were sure they wouldn't be alone, then they all came screaming round the corner with blues & twos, mob-handed
                  Haha, that bit made me laugh - I doubt they genuinely do wait for others before bursting in, but I got into a bit of a tiff with a couple of local youths and somebody called the Police. You'd have thought I was standing there with a severed head from the way they rolled up - though, in fairness, it was the city centre so I suppose there were plenty around.

(The youths in question were given the choice between having the fight investigated and everybody searched, or simply leaving the scene and letting everyone get on with their lives. They couldn't get out of there quick enough )

Comment

I always do "B for Bertie, S for Sugar" for my postcode (both being letters that don't telecommunicate very well). Bravo Sierra just sounds twatty. Perhaps I should try "BS as in Bulltulip"

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I always do "B for Bertie, S for Sugar" for my postcode (both being letters that don't telecommunicate very well). Bravo Sierra just sounds twatty. Perhaps I should try "BS as in Bulltulip"
                      You can say it sounds twatty all you like, but it's an international and multi-lingual standard which makes communication between those who know it quick, easy and painless with little risk of misunderstanding. Some phonetics are pronounced differently between languages, and the NATO alphabet deals with that. It should be taught in school, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X