• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming over here and taking our houses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like I'm reading the Daily Mail here - there are people in this country who need benefits and I for one am proud that I live in a country where I can contribute to society - and that includes paying taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      Feels like I'm reading the Daily Mail here - there are people in this country who need benefits and I for one am proud that I live in a country where I can contribute to society - and that includes paying taxes.
      Of course all those on benefits actually need them. Not one is a scrounger. There are no open jobs available.

I love living in a country where my taxes go to benefits for anyone that asks for them. Even the foreigners who just arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Jesus H! Yet another load of bulltulip from the CUK massive.

The bloke doesn't want benefit claimants and that is, as has been pointed out, a business decision. Not one based on his tenants (of which I am sure there are many) who do pay on time, rather on those who do not (or may not) pay on time.
        Now, landlords have always had the legal power to evict people who don't pay. But what about the ones who do? Where are they going to live? Oh yes - the council will have to find them somewhere if they have kids. Where does the money for that come from? Catching on yet?
        Wake up you utter bunch of sheep. This bloke is maximising his profits at the expense of your tax bills. Or pay your fecking cleaners/care home workers/bin collectors/bar staff/<other working poor> enough to fund their rent bill. Your choice (I've made mine).
        We stop letting to those on housing benefit as soon as we no longer get paid directly via the council.... That was circa 2004....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Of course all those on benefits actually need them. Not one is a scrounger. There are no open jobs available.

I love living in a country where my taxes go to benefits for anyone that asks for them. Even the foreigners who just arrived.
          Then bugger off to another county that fits your needs.

Comment

Good for you, unfortunately the majority have had enough of paying for everyone else. We aren't talking about the disabled, the elderly or the less intelligent British born & bred unable or unwilling to get a job. These are people who left their own country to make a quick buck from your pocket, we have enough people to support already.

Can I pop round & kip on your sofa when I'm down your way? Don't mind if I bring some friends? I'm too tight to pay for a hotel, but I'll charge my mates £20 each for organising it. While I'm down there can you stock up on baby food, so I can take it home? Ta!

what a nice guy!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Good for you, unfortunately the majority have had enough of paying for everyone else. We aren't talking about the disabled, the elderly or the less intelligent British born & bred unable or unwilling to get a job. These are people who left their own country to make a quick buck from your pocket, we have enough people to support already.

Can I pop round & kip on your sofa when I'm down your way? Don't mind if I bring some friends? I'm too tight to pay for a hotel, but I'll charge my mates £20 each for organising it. While I'm down there can you stock up on baby food, so I can take it home? Ta!

what a nice guy!
              Idiot - do you think that everybody here is on benefits because they want to be? Maybe they would have rather stayed in their own country but feared for their lives?

For the record, I am a White British male - probably classified as middle class it that matter to you.

UKIP is calling you I guess, the usual way of the thick Tory who is too scared to come out of the closet and go full on BNP.

Comment

Oh look, one post in the professional forums in September to get the account authorised, and a few months later the sleeper comes to life, suspiciously soon after some other idiots were banned, wading into arguments.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Idiot - do you think that everybody here is on benefits because they want to be? Maybe they would have rather stayed in their own country but feared for their lives?

For the record, I am a White British male - probably classified as middle class it that matter to you.

UKIP is calling you I guess, the usual way of the thick Tory who is too scared to come out of the closet and go full on BNP.
                  why am I an idiot?

EU migrants are purely economic.
                  Asylum seekers have mainly passed through safe countries to arrive here, therefore they are economic migrants (otherwise they would have stopped at the first safe country).
                  Some Benefit claimants may not wish to be there but so many who do - yes I know a few.

It's amazing how many asylum seekers go back for holidays.

I'm glad you feel good about paying tax so it can be wasted. Pity you can only resort to name calling and pathetic insults when you disagree.

oops the sockie squad have made an arrest!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    It's amazing how many asylum seekers go back for holidays.
                    How many?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      How many?
                      I personally know of 3 families.

Obviously anecdotal but I suspect if we did a correlation between status & travel it might be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X