• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sergeant Alexander Blackman, Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Careful - you are pretty much saying the war has been bought to the Uk and therefore all potential enemies (e.g. Muslims) should be killed.....
    Only someone who though we were in a war with Muslims would think that.

Comment

Who decides it is a war? We'll in the case of Afghanistan it was the UN following a due process.

The two common criminals do not have the authority of the country that they live in to declare a civil war in the UK. In much the same way that the EDL do not have the authority to persecute Muslims.

Comment

You know that many Taliban have been bumped off like this, it just hasn't been on film (not saying that is correct either).

It's usually the Yanks who like to film it then stick it on the web.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Only someone who though we were in a war with Muslims would think that.
          I know we are not in a war with Muslims but does your average right wing nazi know or care?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I know we are not in a war with Muslims but does your average right wing nazi know or care?
            What about the average left-wing nazi?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you move both into a Civilian type setting.

1. Marine A is a Knife/Gun fight with where one wins and then stabs/shoots the loser while he is on the floor. They had already agreed to fight both were armed at the start, it was agreed it could be to the death.

2. M&M is a couple of youths who roam the street in a car pick on someone who they don't like the look of, run him over and chop him up with machetes.

As said before, both are wrong, but the first is about restraint in a heated situation and the second is about revenge or Fame seeking.

The second has just caused even more friction between the Muslims and the other British people.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                What about the average left-wing nazi?
                yeah them too..

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  1. Marine A is a Knife/Gun fight with where one wins and then stabs/shoots the loser while he is on the floor. They had already agreed to fight both were armed at the start, it was agreed it could be to the death.
                  There were three of them, and they had machine guns and they were standing over this unarmed injured bloke on the floor. That's not quite the same as an even fight between two people. He even said "I've broken the Geneva convention" - i.e. he's admitting that he's executed a POW.

2. M&M is a couple of youths who roam the street in a car pick on someone who they don't like the look of, run him over and chop him up with machetes.
                  They said they were looking specifically for a soldier (why else would they choose outside a barracks). He wasn't a random person; he was someone who had volunteered to go and fight in a war against a muslim country and was probably proud of it (speculation but most soldiers will say they're proud to wear the uniform). You could say their actions were justified if it stopped other people from volunteering in the same way and would save lives overall.

Not saying I agree, but it comes back to "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter".
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Even leaving aside extreme cases like this, it causes unnecessary and costly divisions ... equality laws etc etc. It beats me why we spent 2000 years building a modern nation and now appear bent on restoring a tribal system.
                    I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I don't think that borders should even exist, but even in my hypothetical free society we wouldn't have this problem.

People immigrate and behave anti-socially, and we're prohibited from discriminating against them. If this weren't the case I can't imagine anyone wanting to immigrate, and stay, when everyone discriminated against them, barred them entry to pubs, refused to serve them in shops/restaurants, etc.

Then the ones who don't behave undesirably are embraced, and immigration is no longer a problem.

I've got nothing against gay people, but if her majesty's finest forced me to share my sofa with Julian Clary and his unbearable campness, i imagine that there would be friction. If Julian Clary toned it down for social visits, though, then perhaps i'd invite him around for a cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      If you move both into a Civilian type setting.

You mean:

1. Marine A is a Knife/Gun fight with where one wins and then stabs/shoots the loser while he is on the floor. The victorious Marine broke into the other guys house and the other guy came out to see him off. It was likely that someone would die.

Comment

Working...
                      X