• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Fat boy, I am a 100 mile a week runner and capable events well beyond 50 miles, you know nothing and are nothing in comparison to me.
    Since when does running 100 miles mean you have a clue about anything , A 5 year old can run Anyone can train to run 100 miles a week, doesn't require an ounce of intelligence.

You have already shown you are ignorant when it comes to this topic, best you shut your trap before you make more of an idiot of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      If you think you body can only get energy from carbs then you need to do some serious research on how the body gets its energy.
      Maybe you should read what he wrote. Before getting into silly little spats. Because he never claimed carbs are the only source of energy, only that they are the greatest source of energy. Which is true - gram for gram.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Maybe you should read what he wrote. Before getting into silly little spats. Because he never claimed carbs are the only source of energy, only that they are the greatest source of energy. Which is true - gram for gram.
        Maybe you should read what he wrote, he came into the thread with an insult, I put him right, end of story.

So how much energy can your body store from carbs, and how much from fat? Once you find the answer you will find enlightenment .

Comment

Maybe you should read what he wrote, he came into the thread with an insult, I put him right, end of story.

So how much energy can your body store from carbs, and how much from fat? Once you find the answer you will find enlightenment .
          OK, lets go for a run, you can take as much fat as you want for eating, you can have animal fat, veg fat you can take fat oil, as much as you want. I'll take a cup of glucose powder.

You will be on the ground after a couple of hours when I am just a quarter the way through my cup of sugar.

Anyway, the reality is that this thread is nothing to do with dieting, it is to do with you reading something of the web wanting to look a bit unorthodox and waving it in front of everybody in a 'look how different I am' manner. It is behaviour marked out in people lacking in personality who don't any attention through normal social interaction due to being boring morons. I can only conclude that your real life acquaintances put up with you due being too polite to tell you to fook off.

Comment

Anyone can train to run 100 miles a week, doesn't require an ounce of intelligence.
            Actually it does require some intelligence, either from the runner or the coach and usually both. Long distances put great strains on the body and require, alongside a good diet, sufficient but not too much recovery, varied speed training with the right mix of aerobic and anaerobic, decent running technique to prevent injuries and so on. Look at any athletic achievement and you'll see that there's intelligence behind it, as I say, either from coach or athlete or both.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Since when does running 100 miles mean you have a clue about anything.
              Since always. Running a 100 miles is a very respectable achievement and anyone who can do it has quite a clue about training and diet.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Actually it does require some intelligence, either from the runner or the coach and usually both. Long distances put great strains on the body and require, alongside a good diet, sufficient but not too much recovery, varied speed training with the right mix of aerobic and anaerobic, decent running technique to prevent injuries and so on. Look at any athletic achievement and you'll see that there's intelligence behind it, as I say, either from coach or athlete or both.
                Yep

there are so many different ways of getting there - if it were easy everyone would be doing it - i'd like to see you get there and maintain it for just 1 year - i give you 3 months at best

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  Yep

there are so many different ways of getting there - if it were easy everyone would be doing it - i'd like to see you get there and maintain it for just 1 year - i give you 3 months at best
                  Erm, maybe I could (I think), the question is whether russell could.

But I'm not really built for distance running; fooks around with my back too much.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sorry that was directed at Russell, I wasnt acosting the ALM posse

Comment

Ok, the end result is consuming less digestible calories than you burn. Question is, which is easier and keeps you feeling full, low carb or low fat? Many people claim that low carb is easy to follow and never leaves them feeling hungry, to the extent that you don't need to calorie count or anything else. Surely this is a better solution than a diet that leaves your body craving food all the time?

Other considerations are that peoples blood readings improve on cholesterol etc. confounding the doctors expectations.

Comment

Working...
                      X