• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Ok, the end result is consuming less digestible calories than you burn. Question is, which is easier and keeps you feeling full, low carb or low fat? Many people claim that low carb is easy to follow and never leaves them feeling hungry, to the extent that you don't need to calorie count or anything else. Surely this is a better solution than a diet that leaves your body craving food all the time?

Other considerations are that peoples blood readings improve on cholesterol etc. confounding the doctors expectations.
    Actually I think the easiest way is probably to stop worrying about what you eat and exercise more. But that seems to be too difficult for some.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      OK, lets go for a run, you can take as much fat as you want for eating, you can have animal fat, veg fat you can take fat oil, as much as you want. I'll take a cup of glucose powder.

You will be on the ground after a couple of hours when I am just a quarter the way through my cup of sugar.

Anyway, the reality is that this thread is nothing to do with dieting, it is to do with you reading something of the web wanting to look a bit unorthodox and waving it in front of everybody in a 'look how different I am' manner. It is behaviour marked out in people lacking in personality who don't any attention through normal social interaction due to being boring morons. I can only conclude that your real life acquaintances put up with you due being too polite to tell you to fook off.
      Nonsense, in fact even I fasted for 6 hours before I would outlast you x100, when you had used all you stores of glycogen and about to hit the wall, groping for a Gatorade or In your case a swig of buckfast.

Comment

This is all entering the realm of delusional fantasies now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Actually I think the easiest way is probably to stop worrying about what you eat and exercise more. But that seems to be too difficult for some.
          Not really, you have to do an insane amount of exercise to over come a bad diet.
          Even running for 45 minutes will burn less calories than a big breakfast. Its easier to stay in bed for an extra hour and skip breakfast

Exercise to improve fitness, diet to control weight
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Not really, you have to do an insane amount of exercise to over come a bad diet.
            Even running for 45 minutes will burn less calories than a big breakfast. Its easier to stay in bed for an extra hour and skip breakfast

You don´t just burn extra calories while doing the exercise. If you mix up aerobic and anaerobic exercise you´ll burn extra calories while recovering.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Not to mention that exercise makes you hungry!

Comment

I would say almost the opposite. Cut your calories down with a healthier diet is the most straightforward way to lose weight.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  I would say almost the opposite. Cut your calories down with a healthier diet is the most straightforward way to lose weight.
                  It depends what you find ´easy´. Exercise has been part of my (almost) daily routine pretty much since I could stand up on my own. Like cleaning teeth or taking a tulip. I don't see what people find so hard about it.

Comment

It depends what you find ´easy´. Exercise has been part of my (almost) daily routine pretty much since I could stand up on my own. Like cleaning teeth or taking a tulip. I don't see what people find so hard about it.
                    I would define easy in this case as having the most effect. I enjoy exercise and usually train 6-7 times a week (although have had to have a break for a bit as I hurt my back).

To get rid of a cheese and bacon baguette with a packet of crisps and can of coke would take some serious exercise which means finding the time in the day etc. To swap it for a graze box (of some other healthy equivalent) is trivial and avoid a load of those unhealthy calories in the first place is trivial.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      I would define easy in this case as having the most effect. I enjoy exercise and usually train 6-7 times a week (although have had to have a break for a bit as I hurt my back).

To get rid of a cheese and bacon baguette with a packet of crisps and can of coke would take some serious exercise which means finding the time in the day etc. To swap it for a graze box (of some other healthy equivalent) is trivial and avoid a load of those unhealthy calories in the first place is trivial.
                      Do the exercise and replace the can of coke with some juice or ice tea would be even easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X