• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We will see. In all honesty, there isn't much to leave her so the benefits are moot. My financial planning was non existent and being young and without mortgage I had only just started the process of sorting out life insurance. ******* irresponsible I know, I should have sorted it when the eldest was born, but at 32 years old you don't really think like that do you.
    I'm 41 and only just sorted mine out.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      We will see. In all honesty, there isn't much to leave her so the benefits are moot. My financial planning was non existent and being young and without mortgage I had only just started the process of sorting out life insurance. ******* irresponsible I know, I should have sorted it when the eldest was born, but at 32 years old you don't really think like that do you.
      Head in the sand. We made wills when we got married (23+ years ago), mr ms still hasn't got round to getting his signed and witnessed...

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Anyone eat this way, when I say diet I don't mean short term i mean eating this way permanently if possible. 70% of your diet will be from fat (Butter, eggs, meat, oils, milk...) and the rest protein with a few low carb veggies. The dogma that eating saturated fat makes you fat or caused heart disease is being questioned and studies show there is no link and the opposite might be true. Given your brain and nerves are made form mostly fat, and insulin regulates fat cells it seems like the proper way to eat for the human body.
        Can't be arsed reading 6 pages but...

I've been on the "Paleo" diet combined with intermittent fasting 6 days a week for the past month and a half and never felt better.
        Energy levels are much more consistent through out the day even with a heavy morning workout and not eating till 1pm
        No mood swings if I miss breakfast
        and I'm losing body fat.

Basically I've cut all processed food and dairy and carbs out of my diet. Only dairy is a splash of milk in coffee and I've waved goodbye to potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, cous cous, etc...
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Head in the sand. We made wills when we got married (23+ years ago), mr ms still hasn't got round to getting his signed and witnessed...
          He knows it's the only thing keeping him alive!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            As expat says, modern observation would say no. For all of the crap said about native American Indians using every single bit of the buffalo and wasting nothing, the reality is that they killed hundreds at a time, took the bits they wanted and left the rest to rot.
            Wasn't it the white buffalo hunters who did that? They wiped out the buffalo whereas the native americans had lived with the herds for millenia.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
              Wasn't it the white buffalo hunters who did that? They wiped out the buffalo whereas the native americans had lived with the herds for millenia.
              No. That was the propaganda. Yes, white hunters killed tuliploads of them, generally by shooting them.

Native Americans only started killing bison individually once horses were brought to America. Before that they'd drive herds off cliffs, or else into canyons and slaughter the lot of them, as it was easier to kill a herd in one go than run around after them on foot.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                Anyone eat this way, when I say diet I don't mean short term i mean eating this way permanently if possible. 70% of your diet will be from fat (Butter, eggs, meat, oils, milk...) and the rest protein with a few low carb veggies. The dogma that eating saturated fat makes you fat or caused heart disease is being questioned and studies show there is no link and the opposite might be true. Given your brain and nerves are made form mostly fat, and insulin regulates fat cells it seems like the proper way to eat for the human body.
                I am sure it would provide enough energy to someone like yourself who spends way too much time reading and believing tulipe on the internet.

Go for it Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Can't be arsed reading 6 pages but...

I've been on the "Paleo" diet combined with intermittent fasting 6 days a week for the past month and a half and never felt better.
                  Energy levels are much more consistent through out the day even with a heavy morning workout and not eating till 1pm
                  No mood swings if I miss breakfast
                  and I'm losing body fat.

Basically I've cut all processed food and dairy and carbs out of my diet. Only dairy is a splash of milk in coffee and I've waved goodbye to potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, cous cous, etc...
                  And probably the only reason you're losing the weight is that you're eating less calories... potato, bread and pasta are all very high in calories and fasting speaks for itself.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    And probably the only reason you're losing the weight is that you're eating less calories... potato, bread and pasta are all very high in calories and fasting speaks for itself.
                    Not losing weight, losing body fat
                    I'm gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing fat

Have a look at the leangains blog
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      Not losing weight, losing body fat
                      I'm gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing fat

Have a look at the leangains blog
                      What kind of exercise are you doing?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any other lifestyle changes?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X