• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Converting to a permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey View Post
    What's your answer to the clientco when it offers you a conversion?
    Can I work from home on over £100k a year?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Just back away slowly. When there's enough distance - run. They're obviously dangerously insane.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        If one ever did go permie, shut the Ltd ASAP. Unlikely IMO that a defunct company would be investigated. Start a new one in the event of a new contracting career.
        Indeed, but I believe shutting the company down may attract more attention than normal from which you are most at risk of a following IR35 investigation... but yes, chances of it going wrong and pretty bloody slim.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would ask them why do they want to voluntarily give £10K or so of employers NI to the government, and have themselves tied up in employee protection legislation for no good reason.

Comment

I laughed when asked the question. Contract was never renewed.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

i like those questions. it means i've done a good job. polite refusal is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Try not to laugh when they mention salary.
                LOL. Best answer, I'll try not to laugh when they offer it in the new year (unless they surprise me with a ridiculously high number)
                Last edited by Manz; 16 December 2013, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Manz View Post
                  LOL. Best answer, I'll try not to laugh when they offer it in the new year (unless they surprise me with a ridiculously high number)
                  They won't.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Indeed, but I believe shutting the company down may attract more attention than normal from which you are most at risk of a following IR35 investigation... but yes, chances of it going wrong and pretty bloody slim.
                    Plus you can insure yourself for that period, to make sure you're covered.

Comment

Working...
                    X