• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costa Coffee does the world a favour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yeah, right. Sure you weren't standing in front of a full length mirror?

:-)
    Yes. I do not have any yellow socks.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I rather admire Mr Richard's music career. He does what he does, has made a good few bob from it, and he means no harm.

However, what I do take exception to is that he's a Labour Luvvie.
      I take exception to him proclaiming himself such a virtuous Christian but releasing an album every year at christmas to maximise sales from the blue-rinsed brigade whilst brown nosing the rich and powerful at his lavish Caribbean retreat
      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
        I take exception to him proclaiming himself such a virtuous Christian but releasing an album every year at christmas to maximise sales from the blue-rinsed brigade whilst brown nosing the rich and powerful at his lavish Caribbean retreat
        "virtuous Christian" is an oxymoron. The rest was redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          "virtuous Christian" is an oxymoron.
          Why?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
            good points, well made.

Giving Mr & Mrs B'Liar free holidays convinced me he was a poor judge of character.

I think an Obligatory Dwarfer quote is needed.:

Future Kryten: Kryten, we're epicures now. We travel through history enjoying the very best time has to offer.

Future Rimmer: Dolphin sweetmeats, roast suckling elephants, baby seal hearts stuffed with dove pate. Food fit for emperors!

Future Lister: We socialize with all of the greatest figures in history -- the Hapsburgs, the Borgias ...

Future Kryten: Why, only last week, Louis the Sixteenth threw a banquet especially in our honour.

Future Rimmer: The man is a complete delight -- urbane, witty, charming ...

Kryten: He was an idiotic despot who lived in the most obscene luxury while the working classes starved in abject poverty.

Future Rimmer: Well, we certainly didn't see any of that while we were there!

Future Kryten: And his wife's an absolute cutie.

Future Cat: I think they're our favourite hosts. If you don't count the Hitlers.

Kryten: The who?!

Future Rimmer: Providing you avoid talking politics, they're an absolute hoot.

Kryten: You're good friends with the Hitlers?!

Future Kryten: It's just a social thing. We don't talk about his work. We just have a few laughs, play canasta, and enjoy the odd game of mixed doubles with the Goerings.

Kryten: I don't believe what I'm hearing!

Future Rimmer: Look, you have to understand -- we travel back and forth throughout the whole of history, and naturally we want to sample the best of everything. It's just a bit unfortunate that the finest things tend to be in the possession of people who are judged to be a bit dodgy.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              "virtuous Christian" is an oxymoron.
              Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Why?
              I draw your attention to the last 5 letters of the descriptive word used.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I can't stand his sickly sweet music. The most embarrassing moment in many a year was seeing my dad do a karaoke of 'summer holiday' in a restaurant in Rome a few years ago while wearing his favourite pringle sweater and yellow socks.
                Totally impressed that you dad has a pair of sir Cliffs yellow socks and Cliffs favourite pringle sweater

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Never heard it and I don't want to.
                  What? "Ipso Bunny, we don't talk any more?"

Cliff Classic!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                  X