• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sods law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Now that would be good. And pay them £100 a day....

Anyone ever used a sub? How did you pay them - as a PAYE employee or as a ltd company invoice?
    frequently, via invoice.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You want them as sub-contractors not employees, unless you are moving to do this properly as some sort of consultancy model IMO.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        If a week's notice is too long for them to wait, I'd be tempted to tell them to get real.
        Agree. But sometimes they do say this. (or agent does)
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

A week barely gives you time to find accommodation and travel arrangements and get your suits pressed as it is!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            A week barely gives you time to find accommodation and travel arrangements and get your suits pressed as it is!
            Never mind turn around time to get the contract reviewed and strong arm-ing the agency to make the changes required!

Comment

Working...
            X