• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed! Room on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    overflow error
    Could have been worse. Could have been a core dump.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      That seat on the bench looks comfy.
      Padded with wodges of fifties from your share options?
      This week is the week.
      And my prediction based on my decision not to move to the US is for early this year is that it's 'Thanks MF, here's your shares so far and BTW here's your new American replacement, sorry we have nothing in Europe'. I reckon I've got until April/May.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And my prediction based on my decision not to move to the US is for early this year is that it's 'Thanks MF, here's your shares so far and BTW here's your new American replacement, sorry we have nothing in Europe'. I reckon I've got until April/May.
        So basically a restraining order.

Comment

So you're putting yourself through hell for a dangling carrot that disappears over the horizon every time you get close enough to grab it?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            So basically a restraining order.
            The cost of permiedom / politics and a growing company. Having done a job for a year and a half that no-one else wanted and a project that nobody expected to succeed as the buds of success flower so do the thieving bees and their nectar robbing snouts. 6000 miles and 8 hours time difference is proving impossible to swat the little feckers.

Comment

So you're putting yourself through hell for a dangling carrot that disappears over the horizon every time you get close enough to grab it?
              No I get the first carrot just need to work out how to get the rest.

Comment

No I get the first carrot just need to work out how to get the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Budge up you lot. Last day of contract today and then it's bench time for me. 2 years and 5 months of commuting to London (1 3/4 hours each way but not all full time thankfully) has taken its toll, so looking forward to a few weeks off and see what the New Year brings.
                  How about a nice game of chess?
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I believe MF know it was going to occur as soon as he decided not to go to the US. I'm positive there are comments regarding exactly that from earlier this year.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I believe MF know it was going to occur as soon as he decided not to go to the US. I'm positive there are comments regarding exactly that from earlier this year.
                      I thought there was just petition from the people in the US to stop him going which had more signatures than the one from the UK trying to send him?
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X