• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know Britain is becoming poorer, the people broke, when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Government and bankers now think the poor are only suitable as wage/debt slaves and should be terminated once their usefulness is over.

Thankfully the plebs are kept happy with a diet of TV football and cheap booze. Or there would be a revolution.
    So are they right or wrong? should the masses by employed only when useful to the self elected elite and then be happy with booze n footy?

Are the self elected elite happy with the situation? I only have to assume they are as they are causing it and could change things for the better if they could pull their snouts from the trough for more than 5 minutes.

It will get to a point where the only way we can bring about change is via a revolution - and we all know who will be first against the wall.

Comment

Lidl is handy, as it's really close to Tottenham Hale station where I commute from.

As others have said they do some unexpected offers on non-food stuff sometimes.

We usually shop there for misc things we need when we can't be bothered to traipse around Tesco Extra.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        It will get to a point where the only way we can bring about change is via a revolution - and we all know who will be first against the wall.
        The agents? Please let it be the agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          And at the same time tax basic rate tax allowances have been doubled.

Poverty in the UK? Really? ... I think they need to organise a bus tour to Rawanda to get some perspective on what that term actually means.
          Still in bed. Breakfast first. Bis bald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            (c) Harold McMillan 1957.

Yes. I know.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Lidl's expands faster than Waitrose & Sainsburys combined. Forget the credit ratings agencies, this is a far more realistic barometer of how screwed we are.
              It's called the market, rational people will always look for the lowest price for the same/comparable product. That you don't see this is worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                It's called the market, rational people will always look for the lowest price for the same/comparable product. That you don't see this is worrying.
                People aren't very rational.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's interesting - after this thread started on Thursday/Friday I had a bit of a look around and asked a few mums n dads at the school gate.

I found

The lower middle classes will be happy to continue to get into debt whatever - it is how they live their life - so they will not do Lidl/Iceland and do insist on a new Ford every three years on whatever options deal is available to take £200 per month out of your account.

The average middle - will not shop in lidl/Aldi because of snobbery also need a new ford on the driveway every 3 years.

The upper middle - not bothered about the snobbery - happy to shop in Lidl etc - because they have a brain and know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    It's interesting - after this thread started on Thursday/Friday I had a bit of a look around and asked a few mums n dads at the school gate.

I found

The lower middle classes will be happy to continue to get into debt whatever - it is how they live their life - so they will not do Lidl/Iceland and do insist on a new Ford every three years on whatever options deal is available to take £200 per month out of your account.

The average middle - will not shop in lidl/Aldi because of snobbery also need a new ford on the driveway every 3 years.

The upper middle - not bothered about the snobbery - happy to shop in Lidl etc - because they have a brain and know it makes sense.
                    I thought Lidl and Aldi were booming, like Poundland?

Mind you, M&S food is doing well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I thought Lidl and Aldi were booming, like Poundland?

Mind you, M&S food is doing well too.
                      They are - lower classes love them and always will,

it is the upper middle adding to their customer base.

the lower middle and middle middle are still too stupid and brand conscous to make the switch.

Comment

Working...
                      X