• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know Britain is becoming poorer, the people broke, when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    People aren't very rational.
    Sorry I meant the population as a whole, not CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      They are - lower classes love them and always will,

it is the upper middle adding to their customer base.

the lower middle and middle middle are still too stupid and brand conscous to make the switch.
      I like them.

I also like the odd things they put on sale. We got a USB vinyl deck in Aldi last week for about 30 quid. It works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        They are - lower classes love them and always will,

it is the upper middle adding to their customer base.

the lower middle and middle middle are still too stupid and brand conscous to make the switch.
        So you asked a few people at the school gates who you have naively grouped into 3-4 classesand then extrapolated from that their shopping habits. Not sure that would pass peer review

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          So you asked a few people at the school gates who you have naively grouped into 3-4 classesand then extrapolated from that their shopping habits. Not sure that would pass peer review
          It's as good as lord haw-haw using the opening of one chain of shops to judge the state of a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            Poverty in the UK? Really? ... I think they need to organise a bus tour to Rawanda to get some perspective on what that term actually means.
            You're not considering scales of economy here and you're also making the assumption Rawanda is living in the past. Unbelievably poverty is rife in our country. There are those that cannot afford to feed themselves relying on handouts whilst in Rawanda people have employment and the means to feed themselves. Yes you read that correctly. And country is enjoying growth our economists could only dream of.

Economic growth pulls Rwandans out of poverty

It is astonishing, embarrassing, and shameful that in 21st century Britain this could be true. For a country to be so rich and privilege yet we treat our own citizens like they were something to barter.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              No did I fook

I had a theory and made up the facts to support it....

Now what you have to do is a lot of research to prove me wrong

Comment

Wait to you see the upper upper classes. Drive an ancient Ford as it doesn't matter if it gets another dent....

Its always fun watching the differences between new and old money when seeing friends down in London.....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  lord haw-haw

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    That explains all the XK8s & BMWs in the car park.
                    That'll be the pikeys - always out for a good bargain the pikeys are....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Wait to you see the upper upper classes. Drive an ancient Ford as it doesn't matter if it gets another dent....

Its always fun watching the differences between new and old money when seeing friends down in London.....
                      Glad it keeps you entertained.

It's actually more fun having one of those cars as other drivers keep away from you.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X