• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Doodab's liver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    graze
    Humm, sounds like you're still dreaming of steaks (well, cows, the main ingredient of steaks)

Comment

Yeah, and I get hunger pangs that actually hurt as well, although I also feel a bit sick. Trouble is if I eat a whole meal it bloody hurts! So I have to graze continually.
      I'm sure you already know this, but a lot of the meds you're on now (or will be on soon) will make you constipated, so be sure to eat lots of fibre.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        I'm sure you already know this, but a lot of the meds you're on now (or will be on soon) will make you constipated, so be sure to eat lots of fibre.
        Actually, I need to avoid too much fibre because my system can't move it through properly, and that will make me constipated. I have various things to keep me going. Most of my nourishment is actually from prescription protein shakes. They aren't very nice TBH.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Most of my nourishment is actually from prescription protein shakes.
          Protein shakes? Riiiiiiight.......

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            No, look you, it's Dylan Thomas, now, isn't it tidy then.

Born about 0.8 of a mile to the west of where I'm currently sat.

Do not go gentle into that good night- Poets.org - Poetry, Poems, Bios & More
            Uplands? Loved it up there working for the DVLA...

Comment

All the best, have 2 young uns at home so can see where you're coming from wrt worrying about your children, still don't give up and keep fighting!

Comment

1. Bollocks - really sorry and sad to hear that.

2. Bang goes the forum average IQ.

3. You are entitled to a second opinion. Your diagnosis sound clear cut so you won't get a different diagnosis but you may get different treatment options. IIRC you are in London. If you are not at the Royal Marsden, try to get there possibly via a second opinion. You're young and articulate so you may be able to swing this. Of course you may be looking o focus your energies on your remaining time. I've spent my lif workin in the NHS so PM if I can help and don't if I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  1. Bollocks - really sorry and sad to hear that.

2. Bang goes the forum average IQ.

3. You are entitled to a second opinion. Your diagnosis sound clear cut so you won't get a different diagnosis but you may get different treatment options. IIRC you are in London. If you are not at the Royal Marsden, try to get there possibly via a second opinion. You're young and articulate so you may be able to swing this. Of course you may be looking o focus your energies on your remaining time. I've spent my lif workin in the NHS so PM if I can help and don't if I can't.
                  I had thought about asking about the Royal Marsden earlier in the show, as it isn't that far from me, but the hospital I'm at already collaborates with them on cancer care anyway and thus far the care I have had has been absolutely excellent (IMO) and as the hospital treating me is where I will end up in an emergency I'd like to stick with them.

I don't think there really *are* that many other treatment options TBH, I have two on the table depending on results of some genetic testing, there might be different combinations of chemo drugs but as for how much difference they might make, it seems to be really just clutching at straws. There isn't a miracle cure in the trial pipeline or anything like that.

I will of course keep researching and asking questions about anything interesting I find, but so far the doctors have been brilliant, taking time to answer my questions and drawing diagrams and so on. I think the fact I've been reading sci-am and similar for 20+ years and so I'm aware of quite a lot of the recent advances in knowledge about cancer probably helps as well, between that and googling cancer research and macmillan they haven't really had to explain too much of the basic stuff to me.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I just wanted to wish you all the best. We're all rooting for you.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sorry to hear your news Doodab.

Comment

Working...
                      X