• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greed is Good!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Ok, go back and read what I actually said then consider what I may have meant by 'give' and then 'take and try thinking of the concepts in something other than financial terms
    Maybe since it's your argument, you should define what is being given and taken?

Even so, what does a mental-asylum person give in any sense?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Define 'need'
      Standard definitions are fine. Consult a dictionary if you like.

Comment

Ok, go back and read what I actually said then consider what I may have meant by 'give' and then 'take and try thinking of the concepts in something other than financial terms
        I went back and read what you said but you weren't clear about "give" and "take".
        Could you be more precise?
        Because by any definition of give and take, not even counting financial terms, a seriously mentally ill person gives nothing and is sometimes even a danger to society.
        So according to your definition they are of less worth than a sane person who can contribute something, even if non-financial.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

No a collective of individuals consider evidence presented to them and then reach a consensus based on evaluation and discussion
          Yes, and their consensus is taken to be society's judgement.

There are lots of mechanisms by which society can be said to pass judgement. Price determination in free markets would be another.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            By my standard, they're of equal value because they're both humans. And by yours?
            I make my judgement of a persons worth based upon what I see of them as an individual and how they conform to my own values. For example I will make a judgement about the worth of Ed Milliband (no value whatsoever) from what I read about him. I make a judgement of your worth within the narrow confine of what I see of you on CUK. How I value the two of you is based upon very limited knowledge. You asking me to place value on two "human beings" without me having seen them or got to know more about them is a ridiculous.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And I think to conclude this thread we can always agree thickos will remain thickos. What their worth is, we don't really know, but a certain amusement on a dull afternoon is at least something
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Yes, and their consensus is taken to be society's judgement.

There are lots of mechanisms by which society can be said to pass judgement. Price determination in free markets would be another.
                Self worth is far more important than any judgement from anyone else. You lot do not seem to understand that.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

you have two or three measures going here.

Equality on Rights (their 'worth to society') the bit the founding fathers were talking about.

Worth as contribution to society and ability to contribute.

Boris was talking about 'Worth' as in ability to contribute.

Some are understanding worth as wealth which means they are either Blinkered or unable to spell.

OG is hammering on about rights which weren't part of the discussion, Dodgy & Lisa are talking about contribution.

AssGuru is talking delusional Tulip about how superior he is as usual. (yes this is aimed at you)

I think we should talk about ability to contribute and not just financially. Those people who do Marathons for charity are more 'worthy' (able to contribute) than me in that respect. In others I may be more worthy (able to contribute).
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Self worth is far more important than any judgement from anyone else. You lot do not seem to understand that.
                    Yes that was the post-modernist ethos instilled in the 60s. That's why thickos like you "debate" with your intellectual betters on t'internet and fondly imagine you're making sense.

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      you have two or three measures going here.

Equality on Rights (their 'worth to society') the bit the founding fathers were talking about.

Worth as contribution to society and ability to contribute.

Boris was talking about 'Worth' as in ability to contribute.

Some are understanding worth as wealth which means they are either Blinkered or unable to spell.

OG is hammering on about rights which weren't part of the discussion, Dodgy & Lisa are talking about contribution.

AssGuru is talking delusional Tulip about how superior he is as usual. (yes this is aimed at you)

I think we should talk about ability to contribute and not just financially. Those people who do Marathons for charity are more 'worthy' (able to contribute) than me in that respect. In others I may be more worthy (able to contribute).
                      Oh feck orf and read the Wail or something instead of posting yer dull platitudes here.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X