• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain hysterical over immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Ditto.
    Me too. I'm a UKIP member. Have been for 5 years. It's not just about Europe you know.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Me too. I'm a UKIP member. Have been for 5 years. It's not just about Europe you know.
      Nein, for tomorrow ve vill conquer ze vorld!!! :nazi:

FFS, hell in a fcking handcart!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        So, pray tell what is it about? I could only find a manifesto for local council elections for 2013 and most of that seems to be taken from the Tory one (whereas the Tories seem to have taken immigration from the UKIP one.) Although interestingly enough even the local manifesto seems to play a lot on immigration:

County Elections 2013

Is Ukip a party of bigots? Let's look at the evidence

Ukip's manifesto offers the world. Let's take a closer look | James Ball | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Why UKIP Are Not The Answer | WideShut.co.uk
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          So, pray tell what is it about? I could only find a manifesto for local council elections for 2013 and most of that seems to be taken from the Tory one (whereas the Tories seem to have taken immigration from the UKIP one.) Although interestingly enough even the local manifesto seems to play a lot on immigration:

County Elections 2013

Is Ukip a party of bigots? Let's look at the evidence

Ukip's manifesto offers the world. Let's take a closer look | James Ball | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Why UKIP Are Not The Answer | WideShut.co.uk
          Think "Sturmabteilung" and you won't be far wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
            Can't believe the negativity being expressed about UKIP on here from some of you lot!

Do you honestly mean to tell me that you still intend to vote for any of LibLabCon after the way they've run this country in recent years? Are you stupid?

Please don't tell me that you're one of those "I refuse to vote because they're all tulipe!" types. By not voting at all you just allow the same old LibLabCon to get in and do as they please, which most likely won't be what suits ordinary folk like us who actually need to work for a living.
            Who I will vote for has fck all to do with you. Hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              13 million British naationals abroad (estimated), some born abroad to British parents, some born in Britain, some born in Britain because their British parents flew over for the birth to avoid the jus sanguinis/ just soli distinction that made Boris Johnson's kids Belgian (as if that's such a disaster). Plus Hong Kong; British nationals but not citizens, and various others.

It's a consequence of sending colonialists, aid workers, missionaries, oil workers, soldiers, embassy staff, academics, techies and so on all over the world to screw the locals. Except of course for the last 40 years or so the screwing has taken on a different form to the days of the empire.
              Brits abroad tend to pay at least as much tax as the locals. Indian ICT workers here get signifianct tax and national insurance dispensations, and the Indian outsourcers bringing them in typically setup their tax affairs to pay corporate taxes in havens and not in the UK. Brits in India pay for their childrens schools and families education. And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

This basically means that UK citizens are more of a drain on the state than migrants, in fact figures from the Department for Work and Pensions even bear that out.

In other words, your government, your right-wing political parties and your scurrilous facist press are once again lying to you in order to further their own agenda. As The Who once said "Won't get fooled again", sadly you are...
                Nope
                http://england.shelter.org.uk/__data...d_Refugees.pdf

Nope
                Half a million immigrants given social housing in the last decade - Telegraph

Conclusions woolly but the facts should be OK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ts?view=Binary

Please explain how increasing the workforce appreciably with people willing to work for much less doesn't result in more locals being unemployed or lower wages? Those unemployed will claim benefits and miss experience that will build better jobs in future.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  Brits abroad tend to pay at least as much tax as the locals. Indian ICT workers here get signifianct tax and national insurance dispensations, and the Indian outsourcers bringing them in typically setup their tax affairs to pay corporate taxes in havens and not in the UK. Brits in India pay for their childrens schools and families education. And so on.
                  Perhaps. Not trying to persuade anyone of anything, just trying to introduce some facts, which would make this a very unusual discussion about immigration.

I believe there have been studies showing that immigrants make a net contribution in the UK, but they were obviously flawed because they didn't confirm the Daily Wail's point of view.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Think "Sturmabteilung" and you won't be far wrong
                    Amusingly, you're pretty sensitive when it comes to disclosing your own political inclinations but feel the need to constantly compare UKIP to the NSDAP, a party to which the three main parties are demonstrably more similar if you look at the policies they support; as if a policy of requiring work permits is somehow comparable to the Final Solution! Not that I am a huge UKIP fan, either, but given the choice between three tulipe parties and UKIP, I know which I am going to pick. Of course, I know why UKIP is exploiting the immigration issue so much; there are genuine issues with the level of immigration but it is also a political sore point that has much more currency than the EU at present. The Tories will jump on the bandwagon and so will Labour. Of course they may be too busy with figuring out new ways to screw over contractors and pretend it's all for the "common man".

Have you considered a career with the BBC?
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 28 November 2013, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Perhaps. Not trying to persuade anyone of anything, just trying to introduce some facts, which would make this a very unusual discussion about immigration.

I believe there have been studies showing that immigrants make a net contribution in the UK, but they were obviously flawed because they didn't confirm the Daily Wail's point of view.
                      Re "studies showing that immigrants make a net contribution" yes but the political elite and journalistic classes are dominated by pro high levels of immigration types, the views of those with the opposite view have been suppressed using various mechanisms repeatedly. In these circumstance studies sponsored by the political and journalistic bubble are unlikely to be unbiased.

Comment

Working...
                      X