• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain hysterical over immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The lots of the Romanian criminals and virtually all the beggars are Roma.
    Bring on more beggars like these -

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

So why exactly should British citizens suffer the cost and nuisance of that? Your problem is that you oppose any criticism of immigration in general and often in irrational terms, trotting out the names a few foreign born business people is a pretty daft argument in favour of a poorly regulated flow of millions.
      That list was just to show that immigrants do actually do well...It might shock some of the bigots out there that their favourite shop was started by a Pole...

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I, and most people, are not against immigration, just badly regulated excessive immigration. Please stop generalising and tell us why you think those needing benefits or social housing or who are in poor health, or have a criminal record should be allowed into the UK.
      I don't know where you got that idea, I'm just pointing out where the information is and for people not to just jump on the UKIP/Tory/bigot bandwagon without checking those facts. I too also don't favour this so-called 'benefit tourism' (which has actually been shown to be pretty much bollocks.) Interestingly enough there was an article or two in the German press recently just about that, British people moving to German because the benefits are better there

It is not really immigration as such that is the problem but the failure to set high enough standards and the shear numbers which strain our facilities and push up prices. We do not have a duty to take in people at all levels, we should ONLY take in the very best. It is not GDP that matters or even GDP per capita but the GDP per capita AND the quality of life of the existing British population. Taking in people of all levels does nothing for us, what is the use of a skilled doctor if we also take in people who need full time services of a doctor? What is the point of a businessman if his business is selling food to other migrants? We could grow our GDP by annexing Somalia and making it part of the UK but would it really be a good idea?
      Its a nice idea, get the higher skilled people only but then who's going to support them? The cleaner, the shop assistant, the fruit picker? Sadly you need checks and balances, you can't just have your cake and eat it...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        That list was just to show that immigrants do actually do well...It might shock some of the bigots out there that their favourite shop was started by a Pole...

I don't know where you got that idea, I'm just pointing out where the information is and for people not to just jump on the UKIP/Tory/bigot bandwagon without checking those facts. I too also don't favour this so-called 'benefit tourism' (which has actually been shown to be pretty much bollocks.) Interestingly enough there was an article or two in the German press recently just about that, British people moving to German because the benefits are better there

Its a nice idea, get the higher skilled people only but then who's going to support them? The cleaner, the shop assistant, the fruit picker? Sadly you need checks and balances, you can't just have your cake and eat it...
        We have 2.5 million people unemployed in this country. 1 million young adults without a job.

If employers struggle to recruit cleaners in London maybe they should think about re-locating to Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow? People there need the jobs. Any jobs.

Nooooo that's far too a radical an idea. Lets import another '000's Eastern Europeans. Let the proles fight it out amongst themselves.

Troll on.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          We have 2.5 million people unemployed in this country. 1 million young adults without a job.

If employers struggle to recruit cleaners in London maybe they should think about re-locating to Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow? People there need the jobs. Any jobs.

Nooooo that's far too a radical an idea. Lets import another '000's Eastern Europeans. Let the proles fight it out amongst themselves.

Troll on.
          Well that wouldn't actually work because the cleaners are needed in London, I suppose you could employ a load of imported bus drivers to shuttle them to and from work

Alternatively:

- UK leaves the EU
          - UK deports all those people without a valid UK visa
          - London shuts down due to lack of staff in hotels, shops, etc.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            People who really needs jobs will relocate, it's much harder for immigrants to do that by going to totally different country than for somebody in Glasgow or Birmingham.

Now if Govt really wanted people to get employed they'd allow PAYE taxes (both NICs+income tax) to be offset against corp tax.

Comment

Working...
            X