• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The Roma have cornered all the decent patches round here through intimidation and violence, it is how the females and older blokes fit into the criminal gang hierarchy, you would have to be an absolute idiot to purchase anything from them.

So what has this got do with anything?

I can see why people constantly ridicule you on here.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      I think I know that lad. Is that Zoldan Wonga?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I can see why people constantly ridicule you on here.
        I can live with that. As you are so clever maybe you could explain to a silly thicko like me why you made your comments about the Roma?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They have to account for all their big issue sales. if they fail to add up they have their license withdrawn.
          and tax paid? Right to work in UK validated?

From what little I know about the magazine they are reluctant to share information with the authorities or pay their sellers tax.

In principle its a great idea, but in implementation its ripe for abuse.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            and tax paid? Right to work in UK validated?

From what little I know about the magazine they are reluctant to share information with the authorities or pay their sellers tax.

In principle its a great idea, but in implementation its ripe for abuse.
            Do you think they earn enough to pay tax?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Er, why should the Issue pay the vendor's taxes for them?

The vendor buys the Issue at £1.25 & sells for £2.50.
              They don't have to, however as they seem to be complicit in their vendors not paying tax (they refused to give details to HMRC AFAIR) and fail to check eligibility to work in the UK I would suspect they are on a sticky wicket.

If they are self employed then they have a liability to register for NI even if they earn £1.

HM Revenue & Customs: Telling HMRC you are liable for tax

they can then apply for exemption

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

I would prefer if the big issue employed them and made sure the tax is paid and they are eligible to work.

Comment

They don't have to, however as they seem to be complicit in their vendors not paying tax (they refused to give details to HMRC AFAIR) and fail to check eligibility to work in the UK I would suspect they are on a sticky wicket.

If they are self employed then they have a liability to register for NI even if they earn £1.

HM Revenue & Customs: Telling HMRC you are liable for tax

they can then apply for exemption

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

I would prefer if the big issue employed them and made sure the tax is paid and they are eligible to work.
                Why don't you investigate the racket and go and close them down?

Comment

Why don't you investigate the racket and go and close them down?
                  can't be arsed, its more important I post on CUK! but I won't buy the Big Issue because of this.

Comment

can't be arsed, its more important I post on CUK! but I won't buy the Big Issue because of this.
                    What makes you think these people do not pay their tax? Why would they be any less responsible than an IT contractor? Or is this just an excuse not to put your hand in your pocket?

Comment

Working...
                    X