• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hair bags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice Idea, but a couple of issues I can think of. One, it looks like a one shot deal..
    So is a normal helmet. You don't use a normal helmet after an accident, even if you cannot see the crack with your own eyes.

I think it's a great. I wonder if they'll come up with an algorithm for skiers too. That would be a big plus for me I hate wearing a helmet when skiing for two reasons: I'm inclined to take more risk as my senses are dulled and it stinks.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

bet they bomb with the first one that fires up and breaks someone's neck.

Or doesn't fire.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        So is a normal helmet. You don't use a normal helmet after an accident, even if you cannot see the crack with your own eyes..
        and to the other comment about replacing helmets...

But looking at the video this is going to go off in a whole host of situations where direct contact with a helmet won't occur and won't need replacing. You don't replace a helmet after every off, you replace it every time the helmet has been impacted.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I think it's a great. I wonder if they'll come up with an algorithm for skiers too. That would be a big plus for me I hate wearing a helmet when skiing for two reasons: I'm inclined to take more risk as my senses are dulled and it stinks.
          After your many, many years of experience why does it matter?

What's that, you're just one of those bores who has found something new that they like recently and now start lecturing everyone else as if they're an expert? Ah, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But looking at the video this is going to go off in a whole host of situations where direct contact with a helmet won't occur and won't need replacing. You don't replace a helmet after every off, you replace it every time the helmet has been impacted.
            I couldn't comment myself from just looking at a video, but still it has much more appeal than a normal helmet.

I'm not going to say these things well sell like hotcakes because I think the price is a touch much. Currently I don't wear a helmet on bicycle or when skiing.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

What's that, you're just one of those bores who has found something new that they like recently and now start lecturing everyone else as if they're an expert? Ah, I see.
              Managed 43 skiing days in the past 12 months 2 days in the last couple of weeks

Compared to the British tourist that's at least four seasons worth.

In any case who's lecturing? My opinion is there for anyone to read, if you don't like it don't read rather than waste the time of day complaint about it.

Comment

Besides the other annoyances in the video, things like "Helmets have always looked the same" - no they haven't!
                "Cars as so over, bikes are the future" (or whatever the quote was). Maybe if you live in the city and never have to transport other people, goods, pets, etc.
                The neck thing does look a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it isn't, who knows. I can't help but feeling that their main concern was messing up their hair.
                I watched the video with the sound off -maybe that's the secret

Messing up hair isn't as shallow as it sounds - if you're cycling to work (or even the pub for the evening) you don't want helmet hair for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  and to the other comment about replacing helmets...

That's true.

Comment

After years of snowboarding sans helmet I started wearing one about 5 years ago. It seemed a sensible choice now I have kids, and it also keeps my ears warm.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Swedes Develop Invisible Bike Helmet

Hövding ? Airbag for cyclists

Looks like a great idea - I hate wearing a helmet.
                      Don't wear one then.
                      Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                      X