• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business credit cards for personal use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    When my first MyCo first applied there were no business credit cards. Full balance had to be paid off each month.

Now I see that business credit cards do exist. And I also see that Barclaycard have one with 0% balance transfer.

So, I stand corrected
    "We'll allow you to transfer all your debts to us with no additional charge!"

What could possibly go wrong…

Comment

I have a business Barclaycard, that I've never used. I didn't ask for it, in fact I've told them twice to close the account and somehow they haven't. Doesn't cost anything though.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I use my Business credit card for any company purchase (including such things as accommodation and train tickets).

I stopped using my Business debit card when I realised that I didn't have the protection of a credit card.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The main difference is that my business cards have the company name on them and are paid directly from my business account, rather than me claiming expenses from MyCo, or using a business debit card and giving interest free loans to clients.

My HSBC Business Account came with a credit card, which I rarely use.
          I took out a Capital One Business credit card as you get a pitiful amount of cashback (although I did max out the introductory offer increased cashback very quickly).

I use the Cap One to pay for my meals, transport (not petrol of course), office supplies, etc and pay it off every month. The benefit for me is the aforementioned pitiful cashback rate.
          I also use it when travelling for clients, so that I don't need to pay out on hotels, meals, other expenses until my invoice has been paid - so purely for cashflow management.

Comment

Working...
          X