• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am being taken to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Like 2 sharks chewing the fat.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You win or lose a Civil case based on the laws of evidence, common law and a balance of probabilities.

It doesn't matter a jot whether you reported this to your insurance company, or not. That is between you and your Insurance company and only affects the contract that exists (, or doesn't) between you and them. It means that that they can repudiate any claims that you make against them, if your breach is material to the contract.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

If she had told her insurance company when it happened you would have heard about it yonks ago. One question I have is why now is she progressing things?
        Likely to be because an ambulance chaser told her she could make some money out of it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          It has been going on for a while.
          Based on what you have told me, especially if she presents whacky claims for damaged panels on the opposite side of the car to the impact, I very much doubt this will get to court.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My guess would be that in agent speak "telling her to leave it" probably means she didn't get a word in or what she said was ignored. As she didn't want to leave it she followed up by telling her insurers, and as Dodgy hasn't told his he's now going to get screwed whether the collision was his fault or not.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Likely to be because an ambulance chaser told her she could make some money out of it.
              I have confronted her lawyers with that one .. what they don't seem to understand is that I know how their minds work
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

lawyers ... I know how their minds work
                No surprises there!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have confronted her lawyers with that one .. what they don't seem to understand is that I know how their minds work
                  There are three concepts there I can't compute

Lawyer's minds
                  Lawyer's working
                  and especially Lawyer's mind's working
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And that is exactly my point. Can you think of an example, where you go into the back of someone and it's not your fault?

No rush.
                    If the person in front brakes sharply for no good reason. (Ok, that's Swiss law).

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    A friend of miine was stationary in a multi story car park, letting someone pull out, when she reversed into him.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of 3rd party witnesses, it was deemed to be his fault.
                    One of my son's acquaintances reversed round a roundabout and was hit by an on-coming car. As there were no witness, the driver was considered to be at fault, and the acquaintance got off scot free.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Who on earth reverses around a roundabout - they are round so you can go round again if you miss your turning!

Comment

Working...
                      X