• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am being taken to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    Who on earth reverses around a roundabout - they are round so you can go round again if you miss your turning!
    Someone who was driven to distraction by the roundabout in Swindon?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There was a case I heard on the radio ages when somebody reversed round the roundabout because they were drunk and crashed into someone but when the police arrived they breath tested the other fellow found him over and he got prosecuted! The police man even told him "God he's drunk, he even claimed that you were reversing around the roundabout!"

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Anyone else routing for the woman on this one
        And I hope she divorces him afterwards as well.

Comment

I suspect this is a no-win-no-fee solicitor doing it for this woman, not the woman's insurance company.
          Like the lawyers behind private parking companies they aim to intimidate you into paying, despite the fact that they don't have evidence to back it up.
          Say to them that you would prefer that a court decide the matter, and watch them slither back into the hole whence they came.

You could try a thread on PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice, but it is a bit off-topic for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I have confronted her lawyers with that one .. what they don't seem to understand is that I know how their minds work
            Has her lawyers conformed to 'Pre Action Protocol'?

(a) A pre action letter.
            (b) Atempt to settle out of Court
            (c) You should request to see their evidence prior to trial.

(d) Don't forget to counter-claim
            (e)

1. Each party must make and serve on every other party a list of documents in the relevant practice form.

2. The list must identify the documents in a convenient order and manner and as concisely as possible.

3. The list must indicate-

a) those documents in respect of which the party claims a right or duty to withhold inspection; and

b) i) those documents which are no longer in the party's control; and

ii) what has happened to those documents.

The list of documents must include a statement relating to any documents inspection of which a person claims he has a right of duty to withhold.

4. The list must include a disclosure statement

5. A disclosure statement is a statement made by the party disclosing the documents:

a) setting out the extent of the search that has been made to locate documents which he is required to disclose

b) certifying that he understands the duty to disclose documents; and

c) certifying that to the best of his knowledge he has carried out that duty.

6. Where the part making the disclosure statement is a company, firm, association or other organisation, the statement must also-

a) identify the person making the statement; and

b) explain why he is considered an appropriate person to make the statement.

7. The parties may agree in writing-

a) to disclose documents without making a list; and

b) to disclose documents without the disclosing party making a disclosure statement.

8. A disclosure statement may be made by a person who is not a party where this is permitted by a relevant practice direction.
            Last edited by Paddy; 4 November 2013, 22:05.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              You win or lose a Civil case based on the laws of evidence, common law and a balance of probabilities.

It doesn't matter a jot whether you reported this to your insurance company, or not. That is between you and your Insurance company and only affects the contract that exists (, or doesn't) between you and them. It means that that they can repudiate any claims that you make against them, if your breach is material to the contract.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Question is has Dodgy told his insurance company. If not he's into a world of pain for not having the evidence that he reported the accident....
                He did not need to report it if there was no accident...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  A bit of damage so I said to her to leave it and call it quits. 4 months later I am being sued for £1000 and accused of "colliding with her car".
                  Hmm, £1000 is small claims, if you resist then her solicitors would cost her more and those fees won't be recovered from you.

On the other hand if it's her insurance company that is chasing you then it's another matter.

Either way I'll be driving more carefully home tonight, thanks ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Hmm, £1000 is small claims, if you resist then her solicitors would cost her more and those fees won't be recovered from you.

On the other hand if it's her insurance company that is chasing you then it's another matter.

Either way I'll be driving more carefully home tonight, thanks ...
                    In your Porsche?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by dodgyagent View Post
                      in your peugeot 307?
                      ftfy hth birrrrdi
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X