• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration texts 'sent in error' prompt complaints

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poli - Many
    Tics - blood sukcing insects

Politics!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      What's the problem with this?

If some fooker wants to leave, let them.
      As evidenced by this Crapita text bollox - there's no way of knowing if folk are still here or have fooked off - which makes it more challenging to get rid of the ones who shouldn't be here (assuming you actually want to and are not just paying Crapita and the Civil Servants to twat about).

Comment

The message read: "Our records show you may not have leave to remain in the UK. Please contact us to discuss your case."

"These messages will rightly cause distress and offence to British citizens, many of whom have done much to contribute to our society. It is simply wrong for this sort of message to be sent by text, and to be so poorly targeted."
        I don't see how a reasonable person could be "shocked" or "horrified" by this message. I think honest, hard working immigrants would be reassured that the government is taking steps to ensure that people don't abuse the immigration system that they have legitimately worked their way through. Likewise, I don't get all up in arms when I'm stopped at a drink drive check point at Christmas time when I'm stone cold sober.

For the British citizens who were wrongly targeted, all they need to do is call the home office and quote their passport number, case closed in 1 minute flat. It's no more shocking or horrifying that being wrongly accused of not having a TV license.

Seriously, there are so many people out there who are professionals at taking offence. (I don't mean scooterscot - I'm talking about the ones in the BBC article).
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          I don't see how a reasonable person could be "shocked" or "horrified" by this message. I think honest, hard working immigrants would be reassured that the government is taking steps to ensure that people don't abuse the immigration system that they have legitimately worked their way through. Likewise, I don't get all up in arms when I'm stopped at a drink drive check point at Christmas time when I'm stone cold sober.

For the British citizens who were wrongly targeted, all they need to do is call the home office and quote their passport number, case closed in 1 minute flat. It's no more shocking or horrifying that being wrongly accused of not having a TV license.

Seriously, there are so many people out there who are professionals at taking offence. (I don't mean scooterscot - I'm talking about the ones in the BBC article).
          We spell it "licence" in the UK. Your view of how the process of phoning the Home Office might worki is hilarious.

And no sane person could be reassured by Crapita sending these messages out to all and sundry.

EDIT - there's a mindset difference here isn't there? I want Crapita/Home Office/Police to target people in the wrong. Stopping everyone at checkpoints was something they did in East Germany and probably still would in North Korea if they had any fuel. I'm legal so you need to leave me alone and concentrate on the offenders.
          Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 18 October 2013, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            We spell it "licence" in the UK.
            Damn! I'm outed as an illegal immigrant. I normally carry around a copy of the Daily Mail in case I see the Border Agency Stasi on the train - fools them every time.

And no sane person could be reassured by Crapita sending these messages out to all and sundry.
            What makes you think they were sent to "all and sundry"? Do you think we should just let people overstay their visitors permits, live in the UK illegally and work in the black economy but still have access to services funded by tax payers?

The UK's immigration system is hilarious though, they have no clue who comes and goes most of the time.

Comment

The UK's immigration system is hilarious though, they have no clue who comes and goes most of the time.
              If only we lived on an island then they wouldn't have any excuse for a shoddy immigration system...
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Damn! I'm outed as an illegal immigrant. I normally carry around a copy of the Daily Mail in case I see the Border Agency Stasi on the train - fools them every time.
                The simple expedient of looking at a TV or driving Licence would sort out the spelling issue without the need to buy and carry that rag about.

What makes you think they were sent to "all and sundry"?
                1. The Fact it was done by Crapita
                2. Who were working for the Home Office
                3. A lot of people who are here legally, or aren't even here got them, meaning their data is hopeless

Do you think we should just let people overstay their visitors permits, live in the UK illegally and work in the black economy but still have access to services funded by tax payers?
                What sort of queer reasoning brought you to that conclusion? Because I would rather have a system that spent my money wisely concentrating on the actual offenders than pissing it up the wall sending texts to the wrong people and then dealing with the fallout I am suddenly in favour of the black economy? Illogical captain, though not quite as bad as when I got accused of supporting rape by opposing ID cards(not by you of course), I grant you.

If you seriously think this is the government "doing something about" illegal overstayers, I have some shares in a gold prospecting venture of mine you might be interested in, and I can give you the details of a bloke from Nigeria with some lucrative offers for you, too.

Comment

What sort of queer reasoning brought you to that conclusion? Because I would rather have a system that spent my money wisely concentrating on the actual offenders than pissing it up the wall sending texts to the wrong people and then dealing with the fallout I am suddenly in favour of the black economy?
                  So the government has a list of people who may or may not be in the country illegally. What should they do now? Send them a text messages at a cost of 1p each, send them a letter for 50p, send someone around to visit them at a cost of £££? What's your solution?

Or is it that Capita and the Home Office can do NOTHING right in your view and anything they do is to be derided? Are you one of these people who just criticises everything but can't offer a solution?

Comment

What should they do now? Send them a text messages at a cost of 1p each, send them a letter for 50p, send someone around to visit them at a cost of £££? What's your solution?
                    Send a 50p letter saying they've won the lottery and ask to visit nearest HM Deportation Center for collection in cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X