• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    Leaving your child alone, with an unlocked door, at any age, could be construed as piss poor parenting. Not too sure why they'd need ot go 2 mins away to have a fag.

There are absolutes here. Answer me a question. Is there more chance of a child aged 3 being abducted if a) You are there and the doors are locked or b) The doors are unlocked and you are 15 mins away dancing, drinking and eating at a restaurant?
    Are you saying that it is bad parenting to ever leave your child in a situation where they may be abducted? even if the chances of it happening are minute?

Just where do you draw the line? If a kid gets stolen from her bed, is it the mum's fault because she didn't sit at the actual bedside all night long? Why not tie the kid to the bed, wouldn't that help? Or nail its feet to the floor? When that little six-year-old was snatched right out of her bath, was that the mother's fault because she wasn't actually in the room with her? Does a caring, responsible mother stay in the lavatory when her 10-year-old son is having a crap?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      No it didn't but what if it had? why didn't you mine the stairways and put iron bars in the windows?
      No because that is going to an extreme that is unwaaranted but you could argue it would make a child even safer.

but again that is a far cry from fooking off to a bar 15 minutes away!

Comment

Are you saying that it is bad parenting to ever leave your child in a situation where they may be abducted? even if the chances of it happening are minute?

Just where do you draw the line? If a kid gets stolen from her bed, is it the mum's fault because she didn't sit at the actual bedside all night long? Why not tie the kid to the bed, wouldn't that help? Or nail its feet to the floor? When that little six-year-old was snatched right out of her bath, was that the mother's fault because she wasn't actually in the room with her? Does a caring, responsible mother stay in the lavatory when her 10-year-old son is having a crap?
        I've answered this. At home, you've already, hopefully, taken adequate precautions to ensure no one can get in to take the kids away. One of the first, is actually locking the door and being at home. Alarms, window locks, security lights, etc, normally strengthen the situation

Strawman me thinks.

I really do hope you grasp this.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So now not only were the parents out on the lash, presumably discussing how much they hate children, but the kidnapper was a dirty pedo automatically.
          I agree the fact she was 3 makes it worse for the parents, but those in this thread have nailed their colours firmly to the mast that this is a question of absolutes... if the parents had gone for 2min outside for a fag that is just as bad, if the child was 10 and quite able to be on her own for an hour, it's just as bad.
          Sorry - erm what you think they kidnapped her to send her to a posh school so she could get a good education?

fookin idiot she will have been sold on the north african coast - blond hair n blue eyes fetches a good price.

as I said in an earlier thread if she is dead she is lucky cos there are some fookin sick bstards in this world

Comment

And Boris Johnson's perspective:

" It is an inescapable fact of human nature that we seem unable to judge ourselves, and to value ourselves, except by reference to other people. If we see others doing much better than us, we often feel threatened and unhappy; and we too often feel reassured to see someone else fail, or get their comeuppance."

That is exactly what I said at the start of this thread ( of course I was called drunk and mad ), this is about insecurity.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              That is exactly what I said at the start of this thread ( of course I was called drunk and mad ), this is about insecurity.
              No, it isn't. It's called understanding that parents make mistakes, some big ones. This is a big one. However, they chose this. I am in no way insecure about how I bring my kids up. I do it, it's a hard job, and we have some inviolates. However, I know I would never, knowingly, leave my kids in a situation which could lead to them being kidnapped. The Mcanns made a conscious decision to leave their kids alone, and go to a restaurant 15 mins away to dance, drink and eat. They left the door open too, which I guess was a mistake. However, there is no mistake here, their actions, in deciding to leave them alone, led to the kids abduction. No one can seriously refute that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                If they had not been selfish, we'd not be discussing it. They went 15 mins to a loud restaurant to dance, drink and eat with friends, with their door unlocked.

Sad what happened, heartbreaking, but they have to take some blame. Now some time has gone under the bridge, maybe more people are reflecting on everything the case shows. As I said, Sally the slut on the esate locking her kids in and going on the slash raises more objections, yet arguably, she took more care...
                God forbid they went out to enjoy themselves. Let us invoke Sharia law then. Would it have been different had they gone to church?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

God forbid they went out to enjoy themselves. Let us invoke Sharia law then. Would it have been different had they gone to church?
                  They went out and left 3 children alone, the eldest of which was 3 years old.

A fcking disgrace whichever way you look at it.

Comment

No, ffs, what don't you get? They chose to enjoy themselves over the safety of their kids; no parent should put enjoying themselves over their kids safety. When we go out, we arrange someone we trust to look after the kids. The doors are locked and we go out. If we cant get people over to look after the kids, we don't go out. What is so very hard to conceptualise about this? We have a local pub about 15 minutes walk away and I'd never think it ok we could leave the kids there and simply potter up the road and throw a few down our necks and nor should any reasonably sane, intelligent parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      They went out and left 3 children alone, the eldest of which was 3 years old.

A fcking disgrace whichever way you look at it.
                      Maybe but it in no way entitles you or anyone else to exploit this fact by using it to apportion blame on the Mcanns.

Comment

Working...
                      X