• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So if they're in the apartment but they can't see their kid it's OK?
    Stop being a ****tard. You know exactly what she means.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Are you really that thick? Here is a little quiz.

If someone breaks in to your apartment where are you most likely to hear it.

A) 300m away in a noisy restaurant
      B) Inside said apartment
      C) Inside the core of the Earth
      To be fair, I know someone who had burglars raid their house at night, their dog didn't make a sound, and they could have easily kidknapped their kids and got away with it

Being at home isn't a guarantee that bad things won't happen
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        The kidnapping was the fault of the kidnapper - no one is arguing this.
        The child being alone and therefore vulnerable was the fault of the parents.

Do they deserve this to happen? Of course not - no one is arguing this either.
        Could they have stopped this if they had been there? Unknown and largely irrelevant.
        I completely disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Their decision did not lead to anything of the sort. By saying that their decision led to the childs abduction is the same as saying a girl wearing a miniskirt and getting raped is asking for it -you are doing it again- blaming the victim. OK had they stayed with the children all night then the child would not have been abducted, which is like saying if you accompany your child to school you will ensure they are not bullied, they will work hard and they wont leave their clothes at school - I get the impression that some of the more sanctimonious of you probably believe this.
          That is absolute bollocks and the kidnapping and rape thing could not be more different.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Saying that because your actions changed an outcome makes you responsible is bunk. A doctor goes to a restaurant and saves someone from choking. If he had decided to stay in and read up on the latest baby monitors rather than wasting time having fun, that person could have died.

I go out for a pack of fags and seeing an old man being beaten up, run in and the attackers flee. If I had chosen to give up smoking, he could have been killed.

Things happen that cannot be foreseen.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Thank goodness some of you haven't chosen to breed.
              Exactly my thinking given some of the fierce judgments the McCanns are facing.

Yep, perhaps they made a stupid mistake, but nobody deserves to lose their kid for a half hour of silliness, and they certainly don't deserve the spiteful reactions of many people. Poor sods.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Now I'm really hoping you are just being argumentative.

Of course it is ok - if they are in the apartment, the children are in bed, they are doing everything they can to ensure a safe environment for their children. Fact is leaving them in an unlocked apartment, which they cannot see from where they are is totally irresponsible.

WHS

So the box is ticked? Thank god for that
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                  I completely disagree.
                  I do too. It isn't irrelevant at all. Being a planned abduction relied on her being on her own. The simple fact is, if the parents were in, Maddie would not have been abducted.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So if they're in the apartment but they can't see their kid it's OK?
                    Yes - is that a difficult concept? If a kid wakes up and needs you for whatever reason, you can be there. If something goes wrong in the house and you need to get them out, you can be there. If they are the type of kid who gets out of bed and wanders around, you can be there to tell them off and put them back into bed.

You're there, to hopefully attempt to negate any bad things happening to your child. Cos you're a parent and that's your job.

If that view makes me OTT, I will happily accept that.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
                      I completely disagree.
                      Actually yes, I did not really mean that. I was thinking that arguing about it is not going to help because it has already happened. Not really what I wrote though .... I will edit the post.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X