• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you don't need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    I have the proof, it's on this thread. I didn't have to go very far. HTH BISDI

I see you're still not answering that question. That in itself answers all the questions I have
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    This ^^

We found that fitting the side steps to a range rover is very useful for car park arseholes like that.

Fit steps.
    Park at the far end of car park with many spaces around you.
    Raise car to full off road hight
    Now shop...

When you get back said tit will have parked next to you but will now have a ******* great ding in their door where the step caught their door before they bounced it off your car door.

When I take delivery of my new toy next month I will just go back to parking diagonal across 4 spaces up an empty end of any car park I need to use
    You Park Like A ****.com
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Actually some of the cars on that blog are well parked by my standards...

I am not apologising for it either as my choice to park like a twunt protects other users from damage as well as my own car. Coupe doors are wider and heavier than a saloon door and as I proved at least three times when I had my last merc. Bouncing your ford focus door off my paint will need some polish to sort it out. but opening my old built like a tank SL slab of lead on to the same ford in retaliation will ruin the owners day...

Much better not to have the issue.

Comment

Actually some of the cars on that blog are well parked by my standards...

I am not apologising for it either as my choice to park like a twunt protects other users from damage as well as my own car. Coupe doors are wider and heavier than a saloon door and as I proved at least three times when I had my last merc. Bouncing your ford focus door off my paint will need some polish to sort it out. but opening my old built like a tank SL slab of lead on to the same ford in retaliation will ruin the owners day...

Much better not to have the issue.
        How's about this: I carry on not banging into other cars when opening my door, and you stop parking like a ****. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          How's about this: I carry on not banging into other cars when opening my door, and you stop parking like a ****. Deal?
          No deal...

I am not sure if it's a West Country thing but it's almost impossible to take a nice car into a car park without some twat bouncing a crap car door off the side of it or parking a foot away from it so you can't actually open the door.

Even my current SAAB has suffered this treatment (old but still looks very nice).

The choices are :

Take a disabled bay (bad form)
          Take a mother and toddle bay (see above)
          Take a weekly visit from dent masters ( why should I have that as a cost?)
          Use violence against people that damage your car till there are no idiots left on the planet. (Not feasible)
          Lastly park diagonally as far away from the shop as possible

The irony is no one would use those bays unless someone else parks there first...

So the answer is until the various cuncils and shopping centre owners increase bay sizes to match the car increases then I am not complying with their car ports that were built for a 1960 ford anglia not a car that's increased it's size by 40%

Comment

No deal...

I am not sure if it's a West Country thing but it's almost impossible to take a nice car into a car park without some twat bouncing a crap car door off the side of it or parking a foot away from it so you can't actually open the door.

Even my current SAAB has suffered this treatment (old but still looks very nice).

The choices are :

Take a disabled bay (bad form)
            Take a mother and toddle bay (see above)
            Take a weekly visit from dent masters ( why should I have that as a cost?)
            Use violence against people that damage your car till there are no idiots left on the planet. (Not feasible)
            Lastly park diagonally as far away from the shop as possible

The irony is no one would use those bays unless someone else parks there first...
            Happens all over the UK.

London is the worse people actually dent your car when you are sitting in it. Though one of them got a nice bill from me....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have the proof, it's on this thread. I didn't have to go very far. HTH BISDI
              Prove it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This thread was quite humourous when it started.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Had parking sensors on a brand new Ranger Wildtrak. Wife reversed the thing into a lamp post. One asking how, was told she knew that once they were beeping constantly, you still had a few inches you could go back. Apparently not...
                  So, she knew, I didn't say it was her fault.

Ah, the famous French method of parking by Braille...

Whenever the wife crashes the car, or is involved in its damage at all, she always reminds me of an incident in 1993 where I drove a hire car into a column in a car park in Spain. Everything was painted white and it was a blindingly bright 30 degree day and I didn’t see it. But no, ever since, despite this being the ONLY aberration in my driving history, if I dare state anything regarding her driving, this is brought up…

Our new car arrived last Wednesday, and she still hasn’t driven it as we now have a long gated drive, with the gate being fairly narrow. The new car is fairly big and wide. I am away this week in London working, and I know she’ll have a crack at it while I am away. I am expecting to be reminded about Spain sometime this week.
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  So when she drives into a hedge or whatever because she misunderstood the parking sensor, it's her fault. But when you drive into a massive pillar because you couldn't see properly, it's not your fault for driving when you knew you couldn't see, which is probably a criminal offence?
                  It was clear to start with, she misunderstood how to use the system.
                  No, she knew. Get with the plot.

Still not as stupid as driving right into a massive pillar.
                  Never suggested otherwise.

So you started an argument based on the facts a crash wasn't my fault, according to me, where I never denied blame and the fact she misunderstood something she knew.

I think you missed a lot.

What I said, was every time she crashes the car, she reminds me of the one culpable crash I have had in my life. I didn't say I denied being to blame, I didn't say she misunderstood a system, I didn't say she was stupid, I simply said, she reminds me of this one crash, every time she hits the car.

Can you see where you went wrong yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    This thread was quite humourous when it started.
                    I know. d000hg's on his testosterone pills I think.

Comment

What has this got to do with finding proof I'm lying about who's on my ignore list?

Being asked a question and then answering a different one is deceitful politician bahaviour. No matter how much you run around like a proud puppy "look everybody I got a true fact" it doesn't matter.

Everyone can see you doing it and nobody is interested.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X