• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shopping spree / Monday challenge II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I want one of these to help with targeted training.

Suunto Ambit2 Black (HR) - Suunto

Anyone use the movescount website?
    Spooky timing. I was going to upload some dives to movescount this weekend before packing all the gear away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Spooky timing. I was going to upload some dives to movescount this weekend before packing all the gear away.
      Whats the verdict? Is it a useful site for training analysis? Any thoughts on the Suunto product range?

There's a ton of conflicting opinions out there on heart rate monitors and their supporting software so nay first hand experiences appreciated.

Comment

Not used the site itself yet much beyond registering.

As for Suunto products, I have the Suunto Vyper Air and it's a cracking bit of kit.

One thing I noticed is that it is more conservative at shallower depths than my old computer which I found strange. One of the main main reasons of getting a Suunto is that on previous dive trips my old computer was far more conservative than my wife's (Suunto Gekko) and I thought it best if we were diving on the same/similar NDL models.

I can say it's very easy to read and feature rich. There aren't many dive computers that allow a PC connection and user changeable battery.

Comment

I want one of these to help with targeted training.

Suunto Ambit2 Black (HR) - Suunto

Anyone use the movescount website?
          Now that is a gimmick. Just download runtastic app for your iPhone, it'll do everything of the above apart from measuring your heart rate. If you like you can use this app with a heart rate sensor that straps around your chest connecting to the app via bluetooth.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have a suunto T3 (the original one, not T3D) with bike kits on a couple of my bikes + the PC wireless adapter thing. It's pretty good. Much better than the cheap polar one I had before. I use the bundled software that came with it that predated movescount so I haven't tried the site, but the software was good for drawing pretty graphs and keeping track of your improvement. It has a good training intensity thing that lets you know if you're overdoing it and keeps track of what you have done and how fit you are as well. Haven't used it for a while due to a bout of laziness though.
            Last edited by doodab; 1 October 2013, 12:41.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Now that is a gimmick. Just download runtastic app for your iPhone, it'll do everything of the above apart from measuring your heart rate. If you like you can use this app with a heart rate sensor that straps around your chest connecting to the app via bluetooth.
              I don't want to run with an iphone attached to me.
              I want GPS
              I want to measure my heart rate
              I want decent software to analyse performance

Next!

Comment

Dive Computer

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Not used the site itself yet much beyond registering.

As for Suunto products, I have the Suunto Vyper Air and it's a cracking bit of kit.

One thing I noticed is that it is more conservative at shallower depths than my old computer which I found strange. One of the main main reasons of getting a Suunto is that on previous dive trips my old computer was far more conservative than my wife's (Suunto Gekko) and I thought it best if we were diving on the same/similar NDL models.

I can say it's very easy to read and feature rich. There aren't many dive computers that allow a PC connection and user changeable battery.

The Mares M1 allows both, using standard AA batteries that are easy to find anywhere. Picked mine up in 2000 and another in 2007. Somewhat less conservative than the Suunto models I think, but easy to read and cheap. Still only £200. Mares M1 RGBM. Instruments-computers Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

Comment

This thread can be summarised in a sentence:

Low IQ, completely uncool, ginger geek mistakenly thinks he's cool.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't want to run with an iphone attached to me.
                    I want GPS
                    I want to measure my heart rate
                    I want decent software to analyse performance

Next!
                    Well that's fine if you're a fell runner, tearing up the mountains every other day. I'm happy if I can increase my distance. I guess folks monitoring heart do so to know if they're in burning fat or training for better cardio. For what other reason would you want to measure your heart rate?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Well that's fine if you're a fell runner, tearing up the mountains every other day. I'm happy if I can increase my distance. I guess folks monitoring heart do so to know if they're in burning fat or training for better cardio. For what other reason would you want to measure your heart rate?
                      To make sure you don't go over your limits and make yourself ill
                      To work out how many calories you've burned
                      To keep track of how fast you can go at a particular level of output => measure your fitness.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X